Recruited from the Ocean World of Talassar in the Realm of Ultramar. The Chapter's warrior culture is strongly tied to the naval traditions of that world, which translates in combat-doctrine terms to a mastery of void-ship to void-ship warfare, boarding actions against orbital fortifications, low-gravity warfare and drop invasions of enemy-held worlds.
However, under the command of Lord Commodore Theodro Vethrus, the Void Tridents have also proven themselves to be expert at planetary assaults.
- Indomitus Crusade (ca. 999.M41-111.M42) - Under its Chapter Master, Lord Commodore Theodro Vethrus, the Void Tridents were the first Chapter to cross the Nachmund Gauntlet from the world of Sangua Terra to Vigilus. The Void Tridents outran the daemon fleet of Warpsmith Tzungdan as they cut a path past Omis-Prion. Had it not been for the distress signals their Librarian picked up regarding Vigilus, they would have likely been able to outmanoeuvre Tzungdan and destroy his base. In the end, they diverted to Vigilus and fought a series of board-and-slay missions against the Ork cordon there instead.
- War of Beasts (Unknown Date. M42) - The Void Tridents sent three companies and one demi-company to help defend the strategically vital world of Vigilus from xenos and Chaos assaults.
Notable Void Tridents
- Lord Commodore Theodro Vethrus - Theodro Vethrus is the first and current Chapter Master, or "Lord Commodore," of the Void Tridents.
The Void Tridents wear the dark blue of the southern Talassarian oceans echoed in their Mark X Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest is copper, as is the shoulder pauldron trim and the helm. The inset of the right shoulder pauldron is white.
The Chapter's colours are reminiscent of the strong naval traditions of its homeworld of Talassar -- the blue represents the sea, while the white and copper are both maritime colours, the white of a ship's sails and the copper of its fittings.
Chapter markings and unit designations are red. The red squad specialty symbol -- battleline, close support, fire support, Veteran or command -- is displayed on the right shoulder pauldron, while the inset of the left shoulder pauldron is red and proudly displays the Chapter's iconography.
The company number is displayed as a red High Gothic numeral on the left knee plate and the squad number as a black High Gothic numeral placed in the centre of the squad specialty symbol on the right shoulder pauldron.
The Void Tridents' Chapter badge is a red trident pointed upward, centred on a field of white.
- Codex Supplement: Ultramarines (8th Edition), pg. 25
- Dark Imperium (Novel) by Guy Haley, Ch. 20
- Imperium Nihilus - Vigilus Defiant (8th Edition), pp. 75, 79, 89
- White Dwarf 5 (October 2017), "Eavy Metal - Create Your Own Chapter," pg. 118