FANDOM


  • With all of the lies, half-truths and outright manipulation, one can find little truth about this topic. However, let's try with my outline first.

    Point 1: The Emperor was/is a psyker, the likes of which have never been seen. These powers may be sourced to the Neolithic age, though the current fluff contradicts this.

    Point 2: The Emperor was overly fond of Hellenistic motifs, possibly as a result of Anatolia being under Greek and Roman rule. Of course, this excludes the Imperial Aquila.

    Point 3: The Emperor only gave his birthplace as being Anatolia, a notably fragmented region during the centuries after his birth.

      Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      insult
      05:51, February 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Zixes
      Zixes removed this reply because:
      unwanted multi-languages codes
      11:23, December 28, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • It's more accurate to say Jesus was the Emperor, not the other way around.

        Loading editor
    • Wouldn't Jesus support or even promote worshipping, rather than secularism?

        Loading editor
    • I have another theory, a couple of human pskyers in the 40k universe have said they have lived multiple lives, I suspect the emperor has actually lived many lives and reincarnated like that song "The Highwayman" anyway, I believe his finest iteration of himself was this Great Emperor who bionically and genetically achieved highly extended lifespan, or perhaps he spent time in Stasis, as European mythology is full of tales of kings who went and slept underground and will someday awaken. 

        Loading editor
    • My theory is that The Emperor is a Chaos god, or at least a champion of a Chaos god. 

      1: He has practically bent the entire human race to his will.

      2: Like other Chaos Gods, he quarells with other Chaos Gods.

      3: The only thing that I can imagine with comperable psychic abilities as him are Chaos gods. 

      His power also seems to be waining in this age of darkness, this may be because he is losing believers, and like the god of Malice, is therefore losing power. I can't tell what his domaun would be... Lies, maybe?

        Loading editor
    • 68.84.186.69 wrote:
      My theory is that The Emperor is a Chaos god, or at least a champion of a Chaos god. 

      1: He has practically bent the entire human race to his will.

      2: Like other Chaos Gods, he quarells with other Chaos Gods.

      3: The only thing that I can imagine with comperable psychic abilities as him are Chaos gods. 

      His power also seems to be waining in this age of darkness, this may be because he is losing believers, and like the god of Malice, is therefore losing power. I can't tell what his domaun would be... Lies, maybe?

      No! The Emperor is NOT a Chaos god.

      People keep forgetting that there's a thing called "Order" the anathema to chaos.

      If anything, he's a god of ORDER. Also the former Eldar Gods too.

      Read the wiki >:(

      And the Emperor doesn't have daemons to call upon so he's not a chaos god.

        Loading editor
    • 124.6.181.76 wrote:
      68.84.186.69 wrote:
      My theory is that The Emperor is a Chaos god, or at least a champion of a Chaos god. 

      1: He has practically bent the entire human race to his will.

      2: Like other Chaos Gods, he quarells with other Chaos Gods.

      3: The only thing that I can imagine with comperable psychic abilities as him are Chaos gods. 

      His power also seems to be waining in this age of darkness, this may be because he is losing believers, and like the god of Malice, is therefore losing power. I can't tell what his domaun would be... Lies, maybe?

      No! The Emperor is NOT a Chaos god.

      People keep forgetting that there's a thing called "Order" the anathema to chaos.

      If anything, he's a god of ORDER. Also the former Eldar Gods too.

      Read the wiki >:(

      And the Emperor doesn't have daemons to call upon so he's not a chaos god.

      And yet, both the Eldar Gods and the God-Emperor are still Warp Gods. Yes, you read it well, the God-Emperor is a Warp God. Why, do you ask? Simply because the God Emperor was made by Belief and Emotions, pretty much like the Eldar Gods and other warp-related deities. It was the belief of a superior power, and the need of a leader that mutated the Emperor's psychic form in the Warp, using the Shamans' collective consciousness. He is truly a Warp God, as he is empowered by belief, weakened by betrayal and with a strong psychic presence in the warp. Infact, i think that the God-Emperor of Mankind is the God of Leadership, Submission, Loyalty and the basic emotion of servitude. Whoever feels submissive against one another, or is loyal to something and feels a strong need for a leader, it's automatically feeding the God Emperor. It doesn't matter if you serve Order (God-Emperor, Materium-based creatures) or Disorder (Chaos Gods, and every single sentient race that brings havoc and destruction), in the end the Warp will consume everything and everyone, as it is a mirror of the Mortal's emotion and feeds unspeakable horrors in the Immaterium. And who's gonna stop Warp, you might ask? Necrons.

        Loading editor
    • 79.46.210.226 wrote:
      124.6.181.76 wrote:
      68.84.186.69 wrote:
      My theory is that The Emperor is a Chaos god, or at least a champion of a Chaos god. 

      1: He has practically bent the entire human race to his will.

      2: Like other Chaos Gods, he quarells with other Chaos Gods.

      3: The only thing that I can imagine with comperable psychic abilities as him are Chaos gods. 

      His power also seems to be waining in this age of darkness, this may be because he is losing believers, and like the god of Malice, is therefore losing power. I can't tell what his domaun would be... Lies, maybe?

      No! The Emperor is NOT a Chaos god.

      People keep forgetting that there's a thing called "Order" the anathema to chaos.

      If anything, he's a god of ORDER. Also the former Eldar Gods too.

      Read the wiki >:(

      And the Emperor doesn't have daemons to call upon so he's not a chaos god.

      And yet, both the Eldar Gods and the God-Emperor are still Warp Gods. Yes, you read it well, the God-Emperor is a Warp God. Why, do you ask? Simply because the God Emperor was made by Belief and Emotions, pretty much like the Eldar Gods and other warp-related deities. It was the belief of a superior power, and the need of a leader that mutated the Emperor's psychic form in the Warp, using the Shamans' collective consciousness. He is truly a Warp God, as he is empowered by belief, weakened by betrayal and with a strong psychic presence in the warp. Infact, i think that the God-Emperor of Mankind is the God of Leadership, Submission, Loyalty and the basic emotion of servitude. Whoever feels submissive against one another, or is loyal to something and feels a strong need for a leader, it's automatically feeding the God Emperor. It doesn't matter if you serve Order (God-Emperor, Materium-based creatures) or Disorder (Chaos Gods, and every single sentient race that brings havoc and destruction), in the end the Warp will consume everything and everyone, as it is a mirror of the Mortal's emotion and feeds unspeakable horrors in the Immaterium. And who's gonna stop Warp, you might ask? Necrons.

      Just correcting that he's a god of order. Anyway you might be true that he's an an aspect diety, but that would be answered in the end times, whether he ascends or not. Necrons MIGHT be able to stop the warp, if they still continue to construct those pylons, but they probably would not given that they hate life, and life is everywhere in the galaxy.

        Loading editor
    • as a newcomer to the warhammer 40k universe and lore ive been wondering this alot too, the theory that the emperor may be malal/malice seems to hold alot of weight, such as the "The Renegade God" lore and "All Gods of Chaos pursue purposes that are wholly their own, yet only Malal occupies a position so antithetical to the success of his own unfathomable creed. To be a follower of Malal is to be a Chaotic warrior bent upon shedding the blood of other Chaotic creatures." seems to fit perfect with the space marine lore, we also know the emperor is the most powerful pysker which would definitely make him the most powerful chaos god, this theory also explains alot paradoxical behavior the imperium of man and adeptus ministorum exhibit, such as how they seem to find a nietzsche like "order" in endless warfare similar to our universes 20th century fascists such as hitler and mussolini, much like the half life series gman the emperor seems to display a blue and orange morality with goals that the human mind cannot fully comprehend, anyways just my two cents

        Loading editor
    • if the eldar said that the creation of the astartes had a dark origin, couldnt he had obtained the knowledge to do it thanks to the Chaos.

        Loading editor
    • 1 emperor and Anatolia is several thousand years BC. that rules out Rome. 2.the eagle as a symbol of power may have been used by the romans but is one of the most common coats of arms symbols around the world and has been widely used as a symbol for kings and emperors.

      about astartes origins: source?

      Malal is nihilustic. the imperium and emps simply have little regard for the individual human as long as the species survives. very different. also emps is the sum of shaman souls that feared chaos, which also rules ozt malal

        Loading editor
    • Old fluff states that emps was born in ancient Anatolia to a regular human family, everything else his up until the Unification Era is unknown. Though it is known that the emperor helped guide humanity through the millenia by acting as religious figures or world leaders. Also he may been responsible for some advances is technology due to his undeniable intelligence and knowledge. 

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone actually reference the official warhammer 40,000 wikia, Lexicaum? The God-Empreor is an actual psyker, a very powerful one, but he kept it hidden from everyone else, there's a small reference to it in Dan Abnett.

        Loading editor
    • Since when was lexixanum official? as in Games Workshop offical? Did I miss the memo on that? I thought, much like this wiki, it was as close to canon as possible but still not 'offical'.

      I'd like a book/series of about the Emperor, his foundation and feelings etc

        Loading editor
    • The Horus Heresy books hint that the Emperor somehow begged/borrowed/stole his psychic powers from the chaos gods via a direct warp portal on the planet of Molech. He used much of it to create the Primarchs. The rest, to turn himself into the most powerful being in the galaxy. The chaos gods didn't lie to Horus (he'd have seen through any lie), but they didn't tell him the full truth either. Typical Tzeenchian JUST AS PLANNED.

      In my opinion, Emps probably started out as an exceptional psyker, and possibly a perpetual as well, much like John Grammaticus but greater. He somehow managed to defeat the C'Tan known as the Void Dragon and, without spacecraft, imprison it on Mars (canon!) -- presumably by transporting himself through the Warp. So he must have always been pretty damn powerful, although that's nothing to what he became later.

      Then, again in my opinion, that during the Age of Strife he biologically improved himself with the same sorcery-genecraft he used to make thunder warriors and Primarchs; the reason why there are no stories about a 12 foot tall giant guiding humanity before this is because he wasn't 12 foot tall before he altered himself.

      So by the time he got to the great crusade he was incredibly more powerful than he'd ever been before; indeed, truly godlike. He just didn't start that way, or he might have been able to do something about the Iron Men or the collapse of human civilisation.

        Loading editor
    • This well could be close to/be true ^^^

        Loading editor
    • I believe that the emperor through the will of the shamans simply took a shortcut to the last stage of human evolution. And that his greatest and final plan is for all of humanity to transcend it's petty bickering and basically evolve to his level. That makes the most sense, although him being a chaos god doesn't really work since he actually had parents and didn't just spring into existence because of emotions.

        Loading editor
    • the chaos gods would offcourse say that the emperor got his powers as a gift from them, they are lies made manifest. in the horus heresy books, you can allso read that horus pretty much earned his powers when he entered the portal on molech. because he toke part in the constant battle between the chaos gods known as the great game(that's how the chaos gods enjoy themselfs thru out eternity) he concoured deamons etc. and then returned with godlike powers. the chaos gods call this a gift maybe because it was a gift to them(it broke the eternal boring battle between the four of them). so maybe the emp did the same before and ofcourse the gods wont say that the emp is as powerful as they are that would be to close to the truth(although calling him anathema pretty much gives that away). besides if the emps power is a gift from them why dont they take away that gift?

        Loading editor
    • I thought a lot of the lore on the Emperor was pretty well known?

      For a start, the Emperor did certainly NOT get his power from the Chaos Gods, that is a ridiculous theory.

      What we know is this - The Emperor is the most powerful Psyker ever and was made by the shamans of old sacrificing themselves to be reborn as a single being. He is also a perpetual.This act, or 'birth' is what made him and his status as Anathema to the the Chaos Gods because his power is that of order. These are facts.

      What is a little foggy is the Emperors physiology, with him being larger than a Primarch, but this is alluded to in several canon tales, mostly from Primarch discovery ones. There is no way he 'modified' himself with the same technology/sorcery, at least I don't see it like that. The classic appearance of the 12 foot tall Emperor is simply his true self revealed, his awsome power grants him the ability to conceal this true self, an ability he has used throughout human history. He also uses it a few times when encountering his sons before revealing his true self and true stature. Magnus the Red has a similar ability. This is far more likely than him being 'man sized' and then deciding to use some technique to make himself 'Primarch sized'.

        Loading editor
    • The canon material of 'Vengeful Spirit' as well as a couple of other books do suggest that whilst the Emperor is indeed the most mighty human psyker we know about, that he may have increased/supplemented this power after some kind of action on Molech.

      The hows, whys, wheres, whos, whens etc of the Emperors abilities are not known in that great a detail to my knowledge.

      There is a lot of back story possible such as the Emperor trying to recruit Ollanius Persson in (if i recall correctly) pre-nazi, Weimar Germany etc which woul be good to know.

        Loading editor
    • @ 86.173.133.71

      Yes I know about Molech but nowhere in 'Vengeful Spirit' or anywhere does it state the Emperor 'gets his powers from the Chaos Gods' as someone else ludicrously suggested. It really is a stupid guess and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

        Loading editor
    • well, there is some early HH book which it mentions that the Emperor betrayed the Chaos gods and Horus suggests that the Emperor went through some kind of similar ordeal in the Chaos realm and came out better for it. 

      Maybe it way like highlander, the energy of the killed chaos nasties seeped into him and enchanced him or maybe he was granded some powers in a Spawn (the comic) type 'deal with the devil'. Don't know, can't know as yet so I'll speculate like the rest and wait and see what the score is. 

      I have a feeling it's more to do with a seepage of power than a gift but twists and revalations are abound in the HH series. 

        Loading editor
    • you mean the 2nd book of the HH series, where Horus is under the spell of a chaos blade and then is shown a vision of a potential by the chaos corrupted Erebus to sway him to the dark gods. I would not take that as truth.

        Loading editor
    • I can't remember to be honest, it's been a while since I read them and i've slept since so to speak. It might well be though. I don't think it is 100% true but coupled with this other suggestion, I think some kind of interaction between the chaos gods and the emperor may have gone on...the nature and outcome of this is I couldn't say....if it even occured. 

        Loading editor
    • @ 86.141.22.238

      Your second post there makes more sense than your first; I also think that the Emperor has had 'interactions' with the Dark Gods. But like I said, to suggest that he got his powers from them really is ludicrous in the context of 40k lore.

      In some ways there is no need to speculate about the Emperor, it makes zero sense for him to be given his powers by Chaos and there is zero evidence to suggest it either, so why would we believe it to have happened? Read the page on here and there is a far more sensible explanation for his origins.

        Loading editor
    • Bit over  opinionated. 

      There are hints that after the sharmin death birth of the Emperor,part of the reason for  his currently held abilities maybe from dealings(as in interactions, not necessarily barters) with the chaos realm and Gods.

      Hints only and it would fall nicely into the GrimDark as it could be a irony, that the ultimate attempt to save humanity from chaos, used some of choas power against its self or indeed that it is part of the Choas Gods twisted plans. The Emperor is not infallible andIrony/suffering is part of the GrimDark. 

      No one is saying it is a 100% fact, just a suggested place for some of the powers and knowledge.

        Loading editor
    • The tau ethereals are like the human shamans

        Loading editor
    • 107.77.111.20 wrote: The tau ethereals are like the human shamans

      One can argue that you in a way are correct as the ethereal cast serves to unite the Tau in the greater good. However Shamans are viewed as mystical witch doctor healers with connections to the spirit realm and otherworldly powers...in this context the warp. the Tau have no psychic connection whatsoever and their control over the other Tau is never 100% explained it is suggested that their ability may be pheromone based (quoting the Xeneology book) "perhaps a pheremonal communication system?" "Perhaps the Ethereal asserts a measure of control over lesser casts?" Xeneology an Excellent book BTW... the Tau have no mystic or "magical" connections to speak of only their technology. so while calling an Ethereal an shaman may be stretching it really thin they are looked upon for guidance in tau matters as human shamans were and still are consulted...

        Loading editor
    • In the first heretic, the demon says that the Emperor had help creating the Primarchs from the Chaos Gods and then betrayed them.

        Loading editor
    • Some seem to be getting confused with the powers of the Warp that the Emperor and all Psykers use with 'getting gifts from the Chaos Gods'.

      Again I thought it was well known that the Emperor used the Warp to create the Primarchs which is perhaps why some felt its call. That doesn't mean he had 'help' from the Chaos Gods at all.

        Loading editor
    • It does indeed say that and it does indeed mean that something or other occured, other than the 'canon' story so far known as'fact'. 

      Could go either way in my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • 124.6.181.76 wrote:

      And the Emperor doesn't have daemons to call upon so he's not a chaos god.

      Actually, he very possibly does now.  The Saints and the Legion of the Damned according to some of the more recent lore fluff. 

      They all use the Empyreum, Chaos, Eldar gods, Emperor.  Doesn't necessarily make him a Chaos god, though looking at the Emperium, hard to distinguish. 

        Loading editor
    • in he warp he is far weaker than any chaos god

        Loading editor
    • Neithan02 wrote:
      in he warp he is far weaker than any chaos god

      care to cite that? 

        Loading editor
    • simple logic

      chaos is empowered by EVERY emotion by EVERY sentient being, as the warp is basiccally the emotions of everything that lives/has lived.

      every time somebody enjoys a meal or a smell, he empowers good old slanesh

      every time you make a plan, you emppower tzeentch

      and so on.

      empi has a far smaller base for power.

        Loading editor
    • you all forget soul's give them power.  the emp's hase 1000 souls a day. 28000 a month.

        Loading editor
    • You forget some simple things....

      Khorne laughs at your 1000 daily psykers... 

      not even mentioning that those 1000 are sacrificed to keep the astronomicon running, they are fuel, not nourishment, they do not increase emps power at all....


      3. compare tht to all the people that die on a daily basis in the IoM, that is nto even looking at all other sentient races in the galaxy......

        Loading editor
    • my theory is that the shamen story is the truth and that his power grew as he got older culminating in great crusade era emp and that he let the things like men of iron happen to make humanity suffer so that when he ended them he looked even greater to humans, appering at the end of the age of strife made it look like he ended it. horus story on molech is just horus making it look like the choas gods were all powerful and the emps was just a thief, he and choas has resons for making the emp look bad. for his appereance we know he can change that at will as in the last church story he was a normal sized man until he revealed himself

        Loading editor
    • 37.152.33.225 wrote:
      I thought a lot of the lore on the Emperor was pretty well known?

      For a start, the Emperor did certainly NOT get his power from the Chaos Gods, that is a ridiculous theory.


      Why? Horus did, using exactly the same portal on Molech.

        Loading editor
    • There's also some suggestions from some of the newer fluff that Empy wanted to become a god in the warp, and was just using the teeming multitudes of mankind to fuel his ascension. Just like the traitors have always said...

      It is now canon that he went to Molech during the Age of Strife (sublight, as it's close to Sol), and bargained at least knowledge of how to make Primarchs from the Chaos Gods. They must have been impressed with his gene-wrought immortal form so I think the deal was this: they'd let him walk as a god in the warp like they were, as long as he'd let them walk as demigods in the Materium like he was. Only the flesh of a Primarch could hold the essence of something so powerful as a chaos god. He may have intended to betray and sacrifice his "sons" all along.

      Some have noted that Molech is similar to Moloch, the Caananite god of child sacrifice...

        Loading editor
    • 5.69.236.255 wrote:
      There's also some suggestions from some of the newer fluff that Empy wanted to become a god in the warp, and was just using the teeming multitudes of mankind to fuel his ascension. Just like the traitors have always said...

      It is now canon that he went to Molech during the Age of Strife (sublight, as it's close to Sol), and bargained at least knowledge of how to make Primarchs from the Chaos Gods. They must have been impressed with his gene-wrought immortal form so I think the deal was this: they'd let him walk as a god in the warp like they were, as long as he'd let them walk as demigods in the Material like he was. Only the flesh of a Primarch could hold the essence of something so powerful as a chaos god. He may have intended to betray and sacrifice his "sons" all along.

      Some have noted that Molech is similar to Moloch, the Canaanite god of child sacrifice...

      WELL FILTHY HERETIC

      That may be so but I would have expected that that is what he intended the Chaos Gods to belive and his actual intentions were to steal the Primach Power from them.

        Loading editor
    • Orkiod Inqusitor wrote:
      5.69.236.255 wrote:
      There's also some suggestions from some of the newer fluff that Empy wanted to become a god in the warp, and was just using the teeming multitudes of mankind to fuel his ascension. Just like the traitors have always said...

      It is now canon that he went to Molech during the Age of Strife (sublight, as it's close to Sol), and bargained at least knowledge of how to make Primarchs from the Chaos Gods. They must have been impressed with his gene-wrought immortal form so I think the deal was this: they'd let him walk as a god in the warp like they were, as long as he'd let them walk as demigods in the Material like he was. Only the flesh of a Primarch could hold the essence of something so powerful as a chaos god. He may have intended to betray and sacrifice his "sons" all along.

      Some have noted that Molech is similar to Moloch, the Canaanite god of child sacrifice...

      WELL FILTHY HERETIC

      That may be so but I would have expected that that is what he intended the Chaos Gods to belive and his actual intentions were to steal the Primach Power from them.

      If so, then it appears the gods knew about it early and stole the primarchs. And if they couldn't take physical form in the materium, destroyed Emps so he wouldn't either.

      And it looks like he'll still become a chaos god anyway - they've been sacrificing lives to him for 10,000 years to make sure of it. The moment he dies, *poof*, Terra will disappear into the warp and a new god of order will be born. Just goes to show you can't out-plot the Master of Fate, Tzeench...

        Loading editor
    • shame that more sacrifices were and are made for the other chaos gods and that they are empowered by more than only humans...

        Loading editor
    • Whe can speculate about the Emperor origins for a long time. But in my opinion all theories are correct and also...wrong.

      The Emperor born in Anatolia? Acording to the last HH book yes...he did. Some details of his childhood are revelad to Ra (one of his Custodians). After reading the book some people may pose the question (i discussed the book with some people and one awesome thing about 40k lore is that no one sees it the same way), is the Emperor good or bad?

      The truth is, in my humble opinion, neither. Its one of those cases of "every coin has two faces". 

      For example,

      Nurgle is the God of Decay,Pestilence and Diseases...but also rebirth and life

      Khorne is the God of Slaughter,Carnage and War...but also honour and martial pride

      Slaanesh is the God of Excess,Depravity andLust...but also love and perfection.

      Tzeentch is the God of Intrigue and Sorcery...but also evolution and knowledge

      Nothing can exist without its direct oposite...like balance.

      If the Emperor is the representation of Order in the universe, in some theories the God of Order...could it be that he represents Chaos as the "other face of the coin"?

      The Emperor ideal cannot please greeks and trojans, some people will always see him as the Saviour of Mankind some will see him as a Tyrant. Both views are accurate.

      He conquered and exterminated billions who would not follow Him in his vision...but he also brough mankind together. 

      Let me leave you all with a question to ponder.

      If you had the chance to live as the Emperor and see Mankind´s mistakes,atrocities and errors through the ages, wouldnt you have done the same as he did in order to guaratee Mankind´s future?

        Loading editor
    • 188.81.247.221 wrote:
      Whe can speculate about the Emperor origins for a long time. But in my opinion all theories are correct and also...wrong.

      The Emperor born in Anatolia? Acording to the last HH book yes...he did. Some details of his childhood are revelad to Ra (one of his Custodians). After reading the book some people may pose the question (i discussed the book with some people and one awesome thing about 40k lore is that no one sees it the same way), is the Emperor good or bad?

      The truth is, in my humble opinion, neither. Its one of those cases of "every coin has two faces". 

      For example,

      Nurgle is the God of Decay,Pestilence and Diseases...but also rebirth and life

      Khorne is the God of Slaughter,Carnage and War...but also honour and martial pride

      Slaanesh is the God of Excess,Depravity andLust...but also love and perfection.

      Tzeentch is the God of Intrigue and Sorcery...but also evolution and knowledge

      Nothing can exist without its direct oposite...like balance.

      If the Emperor is the representation of Order in the universe, in some theories the God of Order...could it be that he represents Chaos as the "other face of the coin"?

      The Emperor ideal cannot please greeks and trojans, some people will always see him as the Saviour of Mankind some will see him as a Tyrant. Both views are accurate.

      He conquered and exterminated billions who would not follow Him in his vision...but he also brough mankind together. 

      Let me leave you all with a question to ponder.

      If you had the chance to live as the Emperor and see Mankind´s mistakes, atrocities and errors through the ages, wouldn't you have done the same as he did to guarantee Mankind´s future?

      Nurgle is also  Inevitable cycles and solidarity and stuff

      And if I had been the Emp I would have tried to help Curze and Angron and the primachs with their instabilities and had at least have had the sense to not send the order to capture magnus through Horus as that was just plain dumb.

        Loading editor
    • Orkiod Inqusitor wrote:
      188.81.247.221 wrote:
      Whe can speculate about the Emperor origins for a long time. But in my opinion all theories are correct and also...wrong.

      The Emperor born in Anatolia? Acording to the last HH book yes...he did. Some details of his childhood are revelad to Ra (one of his Custodians). After reading the book some people may pose the question (i discussed the book with some people and one awesome thing about 40k lore is that no one sees it the same way), is the Emperor good or bad?

      The truth is, in my humble opinion, neither. Its one of those cases of "every coin has two faces". 

      For example,

      Nurgle is the God of Decay,Pestilence and Diseases...but also rebirth and life

      Khorne is the God of Slaughter,Carnage and War...but also honour and martial pride

      Slaanesh is the God of Excess,Depravity andLust...but also love and perfection.

      Tzeentch is the God of Intrigue and Sorcery...but also evolution and knowledge

      Nothing can exist without its direct oposite...like balance.

      If the Emperor is the representation of Order in the universe, in some theories the God of Order...could it be that he represents Chaos as the "other face of the coin"?

      The Emperor ideal cannot please greeks and trojans, some people will always see him as the Saviour of Mankind some will see him as a Tyrant. Both views are accurate.

      He conquered and exterminated billions who would not follow Him in his vision...but he also brough mankind together. 

      Let me leave you all with a question to ponder.

      If you had the chance to live as the Emperor and see Mankind´s mistakes, atrocities and errors through the ages, wouldn't you have done the same as he did to guarantee Mankind´s future?

      Nurgle is also  Inevitable cycles and solidarity and stuff

      And if I had been the Emp I would have tried to help Curze and Angron and the primachs with their instabilities and had at least have had the sense to not send the order to capture magnus through Horus as that was just plain dumb.

      You see? No one thinks the same way in 40k lore :)

      But i have to agree with you in one thing . He could have done so many things diferently...but he didnt.

      In my opinion His biggest mistake was making Horus Lupercal the Warmaster. The role would fit much better for Rogal Dorn or even Roboute Guiliman.

      Alas, all parents make mistakes. Imagine "raising" 18 kids (granted, he skipped that part) and make all of them happy, eventually someone will be displeased.

      But i believe that when the Emperor created the Primarchs he knew all to well about their  instabilities, after all he designed their genetic templates with touch of the warp and voila.

      He did try to help Angron though, by removing the butcher nails from his skull but concluded the the procedure would kill his "son".

        Loading editor
    • 188.81.49.236 wrote:
      Orkiod Inqusitor wrote:
      188.81.247.221 wrote:
      Whe can speculate about the Emperor origins for a long time. But in my opinion all theories are correct and also...wrong.

      The Emperor born in Anatolia? Acording to the last HH book yes...he did. Some details of his childhood are revelad to Ra (one of his Custodians). After reading the book some people may pose the question (i discussed the book with some people and one awesome thing about 40k lore is that no one sees it the same way), is the Emperor good or bad?

      The truth is, in my humble opinion, neither. Its one of those cases of "every coin has two faces". 

      For example,

      Nurgle is the God of Decay,Pestilence and Diseases...but also rebirth and life

      Khorne is the God of Slaughter,Carnage and War...but also honour and martial pride

      Slaanesh is the God of Excess,Depravity andLust...but also love and perfection.

      Tzeentch is the God of Intrigue and Sorcery...but also evolution and knowledge

      Nothing can exist without its direct oposite...like balance.

      If the Emperor is the representation of Order in the universe, in some theories the God of Order...could it be that he represents Chaos as the "other face of the coin"?

      The Emperor ideal cannot please greeks and trojans, some people will always see him as the Saviour of Mankind some will see him as a Tyrant. Both views are accurate.

      He conquered and exterminated billions who would not follow Him in his vision...but he also brough mankind together. 

      Let me leave you all with a question to ponder.

      If you had the chance to live as the Emperor and see Mankind´s mistakes, atrocities and errors through the ages, wouldn't you have done the same as he did to guarantee Mankind´s future?

      Nurgle is also  Inevitable cycles and solidarity and stuff

      And if I had been the Emp I would have tried to help Curze and Angron and the primachs with their instabilities and had at least have had the sense to not send the order to capture magnus through Horus as that was just plain dumb.

      You see? No one thinks the same way in 40k lore :)

      But i have to agree with you in one thing . He could have done so many things diferently...but he didnt.

      In my opinion His biggest mistake was making Horus Lupercal the Warmaster. The role would fit much better for Rogal Dorn or even Roboute Guiliman.

      Alas, all parents make mistakes. Imagine "raising" 18 kids (granted, he skipped that part) and make all of them happy, eventually someone will be displeased.

      But i believe that when the Emperor created the Primarchs he knew all to well about their  instabilities, after all he designed their genetic templates with touch of the warp and voila.

      He did try to help Angron though, by removing the butcher nails from his skull but concluded the the procedure would kill his "son".

      Horus was his favorite so he was a bit biased and Horus was the best tactician that was also popular so that the other Primachs did not rebel or refuse to obey orders

        Loading editor
    • I personally think that the Emperor is actually a concept. Let me explain. I'm not sure who it was but one of the plague lords​ followers said something along the lines of "The universe is cyclic, life springs forth into the universe like a flower but life is imperfect. Therefore it creates chaos. Chaos gets stronger the more chaos gets stronger until order can't stop it (a nice lil paradox for you brought to you by the whole everything you do feeds one of them somehow) it consumes the universe thus destroying itself (alpha legion cabal interaction) but out of the destroyed universe life springs anew repeating the cycle" I love this because it explains everything. The old ones spring up. They have amazing pyschic ability due to a calm warp without daemons. They create new races to seed the Galaxy. These new races are imperfect just as the ones who created them are imperfect. The speices create turblence in the warp which spawns the chaos gods (which makes the four gods a concept as well.) The species begin to fall to there imperfections as they evolve. The anathema shows up to prevent chaos from consuming order (the emperor which means the whole of humanity and the emperor is a replaying concept along with the eldar and there fall because someone has to birth slaanesh. A universal again and again.) Humans flock to the Emperor. The big betrayel happens (Horus heresy.) Chaos looses but secretly wins (big E being order can't ever kill his son right off so they wound him making him on life support) the stagnation makes chaos stronger until they wipe out all life and the cycle begins anew. This process explains why he is called the anathema (as opposed to the eldar gods). Why the chaos gods always say we've been around for all time when the books say that's not technically true. Why there are references to different time lines (different incarnations of the Galaxy in which different primarches fall, different arch betrayer so on and etc...) Why the shamans who all have supreme power would create the emperor (because it's there part to play in protecting life) why there are over arching beielf systems and motifs (like Christianity)that have an apoclpytic final showdown with chaos (rhana dandra) amd most importantly it fixes the biggest plothole in 40k. how a badass super pyschic like the emperor wouldn't have seen the Horus heresy coming a mile away (he did but he doesn't know which one of his sons will be the arch heretic plus again it's his part to play to protect life) souls are just warp energy after all so once the slate is wiped clean all souls return to the energy of the warp the sea of souls put back to state of being calm and clean and life starts over defying death once again. Yin yang bitches.

        Loading editor
    • Where did you get this from?

        Loading editor
    • No where. I made it up when I was thinking bout the lore. It's my own personal lore take on the universe

        Loading editor
    • Orkiod Inqusitor wrote:
      188.81.49.236 wrote:
      Orkiod Inqusitor wrote:
      188.81.247.221 wrote:
      Whe can speculate about the Emperor origins for a long time. But in my opinion all theories are correct and also...wrong.

      The Emperor born in Anatolia? Acording to the last HH book yes...he did. Some details of his childhood are revelad to Ra (one of his Custodians). After reading the book some people may pose the question (i discussed the book with some people and one awesome thing about 40k lore is that no one sees it the same way), is the Emperor good or bad?

      The truth is, in my humble opinion, neither. Its one of those cases of "every coin has two faces". 

      For example,

      Nurgle is the God of Decay,Pestilence and Diseases...but also rebirth and life

      Khorne is the God of Slaughter,Carnage and War...but also honour and martial pride

      Slaanesh is the God of Excess,Depravity andLust...but also love and perfection.

      Tzeentch is the God of Intrigue and Sorcery...but also evolution and knowledge

      Nothing can exist without its direct oposite...like balance.

      If the Emperor is the representation of Order in the universe, in some theories the God of Order...could it be that he represents Chaos as the "other face of the coin"?

      The Emperor ideal cannot please greeks and trojans, some people will always see him as the Saviour of Mankind some will see him as a Tyrant. Both views are accurate.

      He conquered and exterminated billions who would not follow Him in his vision...but he also brough mankind together. 

      Let me leave you all with a question to ponder.

      If you had the chance to live as the Emperor and see Mankind´s mistakes, atrocities and errors through the ages, wouldn't you have done the same as he did to guarantee Mankind´s future?

      Nurgle is also  Inevitable cycles and solidarity and stuff

      And if I had been the Emp I would have tried to help Curze and Angron and the primachs with their instabilities and had at least have had the sense to not send the order to capture magnus through Horus as that was just plain dumb.

      You see? No one thinks the same way in 40k lore :)

      But i have to agree with you in one thing . He could have done so many things diferently...but he didnt.

      In my opinion His biggest mistake was making Horus Lupercal the Warmaster. The role would fit much better for Rogal Dorn or even Roboute Guiliman.

      Alas, all parents make mistakes. Imagine "raising" 18 kids (granted, he skipped that part) and make all of them happy, eventually someone will be displeased.

      But i believe that when the Emperor created the Primarchs he knew all to well about their  instabilities, after all he designed their genetic templates with touch of the warp and voila.

      He did try to help Angron though, by removing the butcher nails from his skull but concluded the the procedure would kill his "son".

      Horus was his favorite so he was a bit biased and Horus was the best tactician that was also popular so that the other Primachs did not rebel or refuse to obey orders

      Read that part about Maloghurst in Horus Rising again, others were as accomplished as Horus, if not more so (Lion, Dorn, Guilliman, etc) ... It was more politis and simply plain old luck that Horus got it. He was the first to be discovered and thus the one longest with Emps

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.