FANDOM


  • So... Marines Malevolent.

    These guys are kind of like the ***holes of the Imperium, they seem to almost go out of their way to harm other imperial forces and civilians when they're fighting and just generally act like d*cks. My thoughts are that the Marines Malevolent are supposed to be symbolic of just how petty and spiteful humanity can be.

    Any thoughts?

      Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      03:03, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Heh, the only thing going for them is that they actually have a cool name, that's about it though.

      Kinda hilarious to think about that Salamander captain backhanding Vinyard.

        Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      03:04, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • "And thus the third War of Armageddon was won, the guardsmen and PDF cheered, the surviving civilians were safe, and the M&Ms got humiliated in front of everyone by being slapped by Tushan, chapter master of one of the nicest Space marine chapters ever."

      This begs the question though: Who's gene seed spawned these guys? I doubt any of the First Legions would even want to consider these guys as their progeny, but if I had to guess it might be...

      1. Dark Angels (MMs might just be taking it too far on the guilt part, though the lack of dark green and such negates this a little)

      2. Iron Hands (Believes the weak deserve to suffer, though unlike the MMs the Iron Hands don't go particularly out of their way to hurt civs and allies. I don't recall MMs as being particularly technophilic either.)

      3. World Eaters (Always angry all the time? I know the World Eaters are traitors, but they might be an offshoot and they are constantly mad.)

        Loading editor
    • Hereticalthoughts wrote:
      "And thus the third War of Armageddon was won, the guardsmen and PDF cheered, the surviving civilians were safe, and the M&Ms got humiliated in front of everyone by being slapped by Tushan, chapter master of one of the nicest Space marine chapters ever."

      This begs the question though: Who's gene seed spawned these guys? I doubt any of the First Legions would even want to consider these guys as their progeny, but if I had to guess it might be...

      1. Dark Angels (MMs might just be taking it too far on the guilt part, though the lack of dark green and such negates this a little)

      2. Iron Hands (Believes the weak deserve to suffer, though unlike the MMs the Iron Hands don't go particularly out of their way to hurt civs and allies.)

      3. World Eaters (Always angry all the time? I know the World Eaters are traitors, but they might be an offshoot and they are constantly mad.)

      Some good theories, the guilt thing may suggest Loyalist World Eaters as they're trying to make up for the rest of the Legion going loony and turning traitor. What are their battle tactics, a successor is often heavily influenced by its progenitor in that area.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Hereticalthoughts wrote:
      "And thus the third War of Armageddon was won, the guardsmen and PDF cheered, the surviving civilians were safe, and the M&Ms got humiliated in front of everyone by being slapped by Tushan, chapter master of one of the nicest Space marine chapters ever."

      This begs the question though: Who's gene seed spawned these guys? I doubt any of the First Legions would even want to consider these guys as their progeny, but if I had to guess it might be...

      1. Dark Angels (MMs might just be taking it too far on the guilt part, though the lack of dark green and such negates this a little)

      2. Iron Hands (Believes the weak deserve to suffer, though unlike the MMs the Iron Hands don't go particularly out of their way to hurt civs and allies.)

      3. World Eaters (Always angry all the time? I know the World Eaters are traitors, but they might be an offshoot and they are constantly mad.)

      Some good theories, the guilt thing may suggest Loyalist World Eaters as they're trying to make up for the rest of the Legion going loony and turning traitor. What are their battle tactics, a successor is often heavily influenced by its progenitor in that area.

      Oh, I hadn't considered that! Though they're definitely going about attonement the wrong way if that's the case.

      From what I read they seem to prefer to use orbital bombardment before landing to do the actual fighting, and they don't seem to be particularly specialized in any form of combat like assaults or ranged warfare. Though their history of urban and naval warfare indicates a similarity to the Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors.

      Huh, they might be Iron Warriors, they have a tendency to be really destructive and like to bombard from afar in comparison to the World Eater's CQC tendencies.

        Loading editor
    • Dat be true.

      Naval warfare? You mean orbital not wet-navy I take it...

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that. Space Navy.

        Loading editor
    • Guy, Guys! Almost all of the Space Marine Chapters are like that way! The Space Marines see themselves as superior to the mortal-humans, they exist to kill and protect the Realm of the Emperor, and by protect I mean never giving a single planet to the enemy, not protecting the innocent civilians... 

      They are like immortal... so they care less about the humans, and more about their foes. You should have knew this already...

        Loading editor
    • The Marines Malevolent take it over the top, but Zixis is right, most of them don't really care about the people they're defending and only about the defence itself.

      The Salamanders are the only ones who really hang on to what the Emperor really wanted them to be. Pretty heartwarming actually...

        Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      10:45, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Their name always puzzled me. Marines Malevolent? Really? They know that they're awful people, and are proud of it?

        Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      03:02, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      03:03, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      10:46, January 18, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      a
      05:46, July 17, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • space marines in general aren't a 'nice' bunch - their trade is death.

      and marines malevolant aren't the only ones with a dodgy sounding name: flesh tearers, flesh eaters, blood drinkers, marauders, rampagers, revilers, executioners, mortifactors, war bearers, warmongers....to name just a few.

        Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais wrote:
      Slug gunner fan wrote:
      66.206.224.153 wrote:
      Their name always puzzled me. Marines Malevolent? Really? They know that they're awful people, and are proud of it?
      Anon has a point.

      They probably have a gene-seed defect that gives them personality disorders. Why else would a Salamanders (Nice Marines!!!) Astartes have slapped one of them?

      For future reference, the b word is not allowed. 

      Ah right, right, 40k is now for children and all that, sorry.

      Yeah, but MMs aren't outright evil or insane like the chaos space marines, they're just petty and spiteful.

        Loading editor
    • ......those are all loyalist names, none of them were chaos warbands/legions. 

        Loading editor
    • If you are looking for their forefather I would go with either thr Ultramarines or the Imperial Fists. To me the Marines Malevolent are being massive jerks because they are angry or sadistic. They're being jerks because they are arrogant as Hell. The reason why Tushan got pissed, besides the Salamanders being the teddy bears of the SM world, is because the MMs caused unnecessary casualities simply because they didn't feel like spending the time and energy to fight the Orks in order to spare lives. There are plenty of Chapters that are even more blood-thirsty and dismissive towards human life, but what really struck a sour note was that the MMs caused unnecessary death because they thought themselves too important to risk scratching their armor against some Orks. This hubris and lack of honor is the real reason they are hated.

        Loading editor
    • Also while I disapprove of speculating that a loyal Chapter would be descended from a Traitor Legion (I feel like it's just wishful thinking on the part of pre-heresy Traitor Legion fanboys), don't you guys think their chapter badge looks similar to that of the Emperor's Children? Food for thought.

        Loading editor
    • Well, they do look alike... They both resemble wings that are carrying something. The badge of the Emperor's Children resemble the wings that are connected to eagle's claws. Marine's Malevolent badge resemble the wings that are connected to a lighting bolt.

        Loading editor
    • Supahbadmarine wrote:
      Also while I disapprove of speculating that a loyal Chapter would be descended from a Traitor Legion (I feel like it's just wishful thinking on the part of pre-heresy Traitor Legion fanboys), don't you guys think their chapter badge looks similar to that of the Emperor's Children? Food for thought.

      It's true, there are major similarities. However, if I was picking a Traitor Legion who the marines malevolent were Loyalist members of, I wouldn't pick the Emperor's Children. Personally I'd go for the Iron Warriors due to the one overriding similarity between MM and IW: callous disregard for anyone who isn't one of them.

        Loading editor
    • Is no one gonna mentio how in final book in the 'Tome of FIre' triliogy, the MMs actually joined the massive assult against Nocturne, that is correct they allied with the Dragon Warriors A CHAOS WARBAND, a large group of Dark Eldar and numerous Xenos races like Kroot to attack the Salamanders home planet, all for revenge, its all k though cause they were killed by the giant Dragon Demon that lived inside Nocturne.

        Loading editor
    • That was a Squad from one Company, not a full on assault from the Marines Malevolent Chapter, and if I remeber correctly the squad was ordered to buy Vinyar because the armour they were wearing was salvaged from Chaos marines which was poisoning the squad.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah you need to keep in mind the difference between THE Marines Malevolent and some Marines Malevolent, it wasn't like the chapter master led the charge or something

        Loading editor
    • No but the chapter master ordered the Marines Malevolent squad to do what it did & used the tainted marines so he would have plausable deniability. The Marines Malevolent operate this way all the time, they will attempt to destroy any loyalist group that has "wronged" them if they can do so while being able to deny responsibility for the act. The Marines Malevolent are bitter, arrogant, spitefull, treacherous & resentfull & only the fact that they have been able to cover their tracks so effectively has prevented them being declared renegade already.

        Loading editor
    • I think the Marines Malevolent are a succeror of the Imperial Fists, just like the Invader, Skull Bearers, Black Templars, Death Strikes, Executioners, Night Swords, Warbringers, Fists of Wrath and other unfiendly chapters from Dorn Legion.


      and I believe that once in anarticle to read

        Loading editor
    • 92.78.237.21 wrote:
      I think the Marines Malevolent are a succeror of the Imperial Fists, just like the Invader, Skull Bearers, Black Templars, Death Strikes, Executioners, Night Swords, Warbringers, Fists of Wrath and other unfiendly chapters from Dorn Legion.


      and I believe that once in anarticle to read

      the only real similarity between the marines malevolent and the imperial fists is the colour of their armour and also i would like to point out that there are several cases of imperial fist successor chapters caring about civileans for example how the crimson fists tried to protect civileans during the battle of rynns world

        Loading editor
    • Black Templars defended civlians alot during the Hellsreach siege, they just didn't ONLY do defensive actions like the Salamanders in the same siege seem to have done, becasue it was clear to them other tactics were more effective against the enemy. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.