FANDOM


  • I was thinking, what song fits the grimdarkness that is Warhammer 40k? I'm talking about the overall setting, but some epic battle music is welcome.

      Loading editor
    • classical music, without question.

      one of the things i loved about the console game space marine is that it broke from 'conventional' 3rd person shooters by not having a soundtrack composed of mindless rock or metal.

      it's soundtrack is mainly classical which captures the granduer of the setting beautifully. there's also the ability of classical music to portray epic sadness, which is also beautifully fitting to the scene of 40k.

        Loading editor
    • 'The Final Countdown'?

      In classical music it's hard to beat 'in the Halls of the Mountain King' and 'the Flight of the Valkyries'.

        Loading editor
    • my personal favourite is 'L'italiana in algeri' but it's one of the few pieces of classical i can't make fit 40k :(

      while 'flight of the valkyries' is maybe a bit cli'ched in terms of war music it does still fit excellently and would be particularly apt played alongside an outbound swarm of imperial guard valkyries.

        Loading editor
    • Different genres of music can be applyied to different Warhammer fractions. There is also music which would fit in with different scenarios such as a battle, march, victory, space battle, defeat, death, overcoming the odds and many etc.. Trying to find a single song that perfectly compliments the universe of 40k is next to impossible, because it would take and obscene amount of genius and epicness to achieve that.

      If you mean music as per individual factions and scenarios, then there is plenty of that. Behold!

      Imperial Guard!     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1If6vaD90&feature=related

      Epic Battle!       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlBCAx6330

      The Emperor!    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnAvNdVyJB0

        Loading editor
    • Blood for the Blood God

      Blood for the Blood God

      Feed your inner psychotic. This vid was my very, very first exposure to Warhammer 40k. The second? The Angry Marines!






      Hammer of the Emperor

      Hammer of the Emperor

      Join The Imperial Guard! May your existence become a microscopic contribution to the meatshield of the Imperium!





      HMKids - Sisters of Battle

      HMKids - Sisters of Battle.flv

      This is my personal favorite, and it's very surprisingly good! All of a sudden... those Imperial Space Nuns seem like total badasses!

        Loading editor
    • "Somethings got to give" Don't know the band name but that has to some up Imperium right now.

        Loading editor
    • Khorne's a repetitious b***** isn't he? Makes Daleks sound positively eloquent...

      The Imperial Guard; living proof you don't need no fancy genetic enhancements to slaughter the Emperor's enemies.

      Sisters of Battle ARE badass! And I think I know why they wear that curvy, clinging armor too - even Chaos Marines are still men - and distractable.

        Loading editor
    • Kudos for the Dr. Who reference!

      I have actually played this, max volume, the first time i listened to it. University roommates thought i was sacrificing a goat or something...

      Yeah. I am sure that is it. No conspiracy amongst men to create skimpy cosplay outfits for women to wear publicly. Nope. None.

      And the Sisters of battle are insane, fanatical, freaking pyromaniacs. Ever played Soul Storm? I remember a qute along the lines of  `Everithing must be burned, all of Kaurava`, and they did that literally. You think a guy would stare at them, while running for his life trying not to get incinerated alive? Priorities dude!


      Here is another one of my personal favourites

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fM-DCMAsIo&feature=related

        Loading editor
    • I imagine orders of Sisters vary as much in character as Chapters of Space Marines ie: some are nuttier than others. The good sisters are not fleshed out anywhere near as much because I suspect male designers and players are find them less easy to identify with.

        Loading editor
    • Pretty much anything from the Original Dawn of War OST. That game nailed it in terms of soundtrack for me.

        Loading editor
    • I meant ALL of the military adepta sororitas are insane, i make no claims about any others, just don`t give` em a flamethrower.

        Loading editor
    • Marshall Silverman wrote:
      Kudos for the Dr. Who reference!


      Here is another one of my personal favourites

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fM-DCMAsIo&feature=related

      (Fake) Imperial Guard movie trailer

      (Fake) Imperial Guard movie trailer

      Glory to the first man to die!


      Whoa! That REALLY looked like a movie-trailer for THE IMPERIAL GUARD 40,000 !!

      Errr... where was the Dr. Who reference? 

        Loading editor
    • Marshall Silverman wrote:
      I meant ALL of the military adepta sororitas are insane, i make no claims about any others, just don`t give` em a flamethrower.


      I think that's about as fair as labeling ALL Adeptus Astartes insane killing machines based on the Flesh tearers and Charcadons.

        Loading editor
    • Kadjah Thoris wrote:


      I think that's about as fair as labeling ALL Adeptus Astartes insane killing machines based on the Flesh tearers and Charcadons.

      HA!

      Think for a moment about how 'mentally stable' the women in your life are...

      Now, imagine them imbued with religious zealotry...

      And now, also imagine them with flamethrowers.

      ^_^  
      Repentia battle ready

      The spitting image of mental stability.

      It's a fair label. 

        Loading editor
    • The Adeptus Astartes ARE killing machines, regardless of how they may behave. For example is My own, favourite Chapter the Black Templars. I am not nearly fanatical enought to be a Chaplain, and I gotta tell ya the guys are fierce as they are devoted. Basically fanatics, whith chaiswords and axes ready to kill anything they don`t like. Easy to keep in line though, strong, skilled and loyal to the end. Gotta love em!

      For The Emperor! For the Black Templars!

      http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/Love_is_a_battlefield...jpg

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLm3FHCGuk

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZfJOK_Ywmk

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7M8jNqCWQ

      We also got the best tributes!

        Loading editor
    • Just listen to the Dawn of War Themes from any of the games. They are all great at summing up the various races with sound alone. & I have to agree with you Silverman on your Chapter having the best tributes. Here's another you might like.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2armaXfKIFw

        Loading editor
    • MercWithMouth wrote:

      HA!

      Think for a moment about how 'mentally stable' the women in your life are...

      Now, imagine them imbued with religious zealotry...

      And now, also imagine them with flamethrowers.

      ^_^  
      Repentia battle ready

      The spitting image of mental stability.

      It's a fair label. 

      Um, Merc, I AM a woman - it's you guys who are mentally unstable. You can't recognize rationality when you see it. :-)

      However I grant that Kipling was right to say the female was more dangerous than the male (even with geneseed enhancement) and the the surest way to bring out a woman's inner Mama Bear/Tigress is to hurt someone she loves. And the Sisters surely do love Empy. In fact I think it is safe to say they have MAJOR Daddy issues.

      Even so I am certain that they vary in reasonability and rationality - not unlike the Astartes. 

        Loading editor
    • Daddy issues and chain swords. Who could ask for a better combination? No sexist comment in there...

        Loading editor
    • I think this is a good post, so good job!


      In my most honest opinion I think Frank Sinatra's songs fit warhammer the best (Yeah I know)

      Why?

      Because of the Irony, these songs were during wwii. A war full of hatred and violence, but there still has music to keep humanity going. I think imperial guardsmen would listen to Frank Sinatra type music. For morale!


      AND I LOVE THAT Khorne blood for the blood god thing xD

      BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOOOOOD!! BLARKARAKRAKRWAR!!

      MAIM! KILL! BURN!

      I thought that was funny, especially my teacher :P

      Black Legion, for the win! DEATH TO THE FALSE THE EMPEROR!

        Loading editor
    • Thoris, Merc, I do not want this thread decending into chaos. No sexism or anything here please.

        Loading editor
    • Wouldn't dream of it.

      I assure you I did not take Merc's comment amiss. I just meant that we ladies often feel exactly the same about the men in our lives. Speaking as a woman who prefers Spike TV to 'Television for (idiot) women' I am unlikely to be offended by anything you guys post. If I was a sentive flower I wouldn't like Warhammer in the first place!

        Loading editor
    • Imperial Guarsmen listening to Frank Sinatra? That actually sounds plausible, if such music existed in 40k, and speaking of Guardsmen listening to good music

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trfoll0T3BY&feature=related

      Kadjah Thoris, i am not one to participate in internet arguments or judge people over the internet for that is beneath me, however, simply because i will not try to disprove any claims people make about themselves does not mean i will believe them, or ask for any proof.

      In the case you are a woman, then i feel obliged to tell you two things. First i apologise for thinking you were a gay man, and secondly You are Awesome. In all my life I have never seen a woman that has a high level of culture,intelligence, likes Dr Who, and is interested in Warhammer, despite the numerous prominent people I have met and know, none of them incorporate such awesome traits as you, therefore you are perfect. That is all.

        Loading editor
    • All I can say to that is 'Wow, thanks!'.

        Loading editor
    • I hang out with more girls than boys and im a boy... but this thread is decending into the warp!



      Bring it back to warhamma!

        Loading editor
    • Lol...
      As regards Warhammer fandom and women...
      Well...
      Just try the link:

      http://my.jetscreenshot.com/2306/20130412-aezq-155kb

        Loading editor
    • I don`t know if you have played Dawn of War Soulstom, because of the way the Sisters of Battle were portrayed there, as insane fanatics, made a strong, and probably very acurate, impression of how they are. Feel free not to read this.

      Anyone notice how increasingly difficult it is to meet genuinely smart people? Society is getting dumber, and that is especially true for women. Apparently the majority of them think that as long as they look good on their facebook pictures ,then they can be inconsequentially dumb and ignorant. Control the women, control the world. Once the level of women goes down, the level of men plummets, and you get a society full of idiots. And even if you tell a woman about how things are then she might get `offended` which apparently leads to a nasty break up, leaving the woman with lingering questions she is not capable of answering on her own. Just an example. Therefore knowing that a female with a decent level of intelligence and culture might exist is nothing short of a miracle, and the best part is I am still convinced Kadjah Thoris is guy, simply because `she` would be too good to be a woman.


      This in by far the best Warhammer tribute I have found to date.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cgg4S5kk4&feature=related

        Loading editor
    • i wholeheartedly agree about society getting dumber, but men can be just as dumb (in general) as women can be. if there are more dumb women than men it is simply in relation to the fact that women outnumber men. i've met more men than women and men are dumber by quite some way.

      i know this is deviating from the topic substantially but the people who frequent this wiki are significantly more intelligent and learned than 95% of the people i've ever met, so maybe you'll bear with me for a bit :)

      the intellectual degredation of our species is intrinsically linked to our monetary-economic systems.

      first off - money isn't worth the paper it's printed on, literally. money was based on the 'gold standard', which it isn't any more, and gold itself has no real value. it has very resricted industrial uses which weren't even known about until about a century ago, but before that it's only value resided in people wanting it, "ooh, shiny thing" pretty much sums up it's real value. the "shiny thing" mentality is also the basis of the entire industry of jewelry.

      when it comes to the dumb masses repetition is the key - "you need money, you want money, money is important, money can buy you happiness." i'm paraphrasing slightly but this is essentially the cornerstone of every human civilisation on earth (post currency) - those who have money do everything they can to get more while those who have none do everything they can to get some. this then leads to the insitution of voluntary slavery - jobs.

      those who have money have managed to skew the world in such a way that life has to be earned. it's almost impossible to find somewhere on this 'free world' where you can actually live for free. from the time we are born onward we are bombarded from every direction about the importance and worth of money, and when we become adults we find out that in order to live we must work. so we work, we make money, we buy the little things (or the big things) that make us happy. we are then bombarded by money-making machines with the vast range of things we can buy that "makes us happy or our money back". all of this is secondary, however, to the fact that we have no choice about working, we either work or risk starving to death, which really isn't a choice and so we slave ourselves to the system. and if there are no jobs to be had? "well tough, we're obviously not looking hard enough" (and if you love your job then it isn't work, you're simply paid to do what you love, you lucky lucky people).

      now this idea of mine - 'volunteer slaves', surprisingly (sarcastic) when i bring this up most people took at me blankly, and then go on about how important money is and they can't live if they don't buy their 'shiny thing', not only do they not see the slavery but they refuse to even acknowledge it. in my opinion this is why our race is getting dumber - the dumb people are the ones who support the monetary system so the money-making machines are catering more and more to them. dumb people may not be great thinkers but they're great at having big families, and big families need lots of money and so the cycle continues to expand.

      our race is reaching a cataclysmic volume and something needs to be done to regulate our reproduction, but if this was done then it would seriously affect "next year's profit margin", and this is why i think our numbers will continue to swell uncontrollably and why the dumb masses will continue to get dumber.

      by the way, please don't think i'm being derogatory towards everyone who i'm labelling "dumb", no-one can help how they're born. i am, however, being derogatory towards all those who do have an intellect but refuse to see past the money, these people i also consider dumb.


      ok, i'm done, and thanks if anyone actually read this but now back to topic.....

      i'm still voting classical because, as a genre, it can cover every aspect of 40k, in style and epic scale.

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79, good sir, i had no idea you share my view of the world to such an extent! Bravo! I do think you and I might become good friends! 

      Considering the complexity and magnitude of 40k ,the story does take an above average level of intelligence to comprehend and scrutinize, so you are right that one. 

      This will come as a shock to some people, so feel free not to read it. 

      Please allow me to give you a glimpse at how the world works. In Karl Marx`s Capital, he described the majority of people as `cattle`, the masses of society. In masonic terminology, there is a word regarding outsiders and the mass of people on this planet, `Goiem`, which basically means human cattle.  There are 7 billion people on this planet, and all of them can be classified under a certain behavioral and psychological stereotype depending on their reactions and perspective of the world and select events. In that sense the notion that every person is `unique` ,is simply false. There are about a handful of people in this world, compared to the volume of the rest of the population, that actually can be classified as `unique`, and most often those are the people that hold understanding of the world, and how it works.

      The truth about current society can be summed  in a sentence: Evil relies upon ignorance. That would lead to the question of what can be called `evil` today, and the answer would be: The System. The `Elite` of this world that control this system, namely: The Banks, Corporations, Religious institutions (the Vatican), Healthcare, Media, Government , Food, Education and just about everything in this world ,except the internet, are not exactly on our, the `brainless` goiem, side. If you know about the `lovely` organization known as The Jesuits (Ignatius Loyola), who founded the `secret societies` of this world, and control them through insiders, than you know that it is in the best interests of everyone on the planet to remove them. Crazy, right?

      Things on this world are going to become worst and worst, until one day the `goiem` open their eyes and turn on those who have been dehumanizing them all their lives. One day I imagine a slogan `Dear people of the world WE TOLD YOU SO, with love, `conspiracy theorists`.

      When it comes to classical 40k music, this is one of the few songs that would fit, then this is definetly one of the best.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw

        Loading editor
    • MercWithMouth wrote:
      Lol...
      As regards Warhammer fandom and women...
      Well...
      Just try the link:

      http://my.jetscreenshot.com/2306/20130412-aezq-155kb

      Take it easy, Boys, I promise I won't hurt you ;-) And yes I am really a girl, though I admit my interests have sometimes made me question my gender identity. Still as long as I love shoes...

        Loading editor
    • To get back on topic: 'Duel of the Fates' would make terrific 40k music with all that threatening sounding chanting.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, I think that 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' kinda fits what the Emperor's view of his situation after the Horus Heresy. Spring = Mankind's rise to the stars, Summer = The Great Crusade, Fall = The Horus Heresy and the Age of the Imperium.

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:
      i wholeheartedly agree about....

      Wow. That sure covered a lot.

      Yeah, society's regressed in a lot of ways over the years...

      The emergence of the Tea Party being one of the most chilling reminders so far.

      But, there's at least some hope that we're making some improvements.

      Discrimination against people based on sexual orientation is on the decline (though sexual responsobility is on the decline, too); fewer people than ever are cigarette smokers in the U.S. (but that might get canceled out by the emergence of accepted marijuana smoking); and the President's health care plan really is an improvement (but a concerted effort to reverse it persists in Congress to this day).

      But hey at least we don't live in the Imperium. Now life there would SUCK. Now, as for music that would fit the 'mood' of day-to-day life in the 41st millennium...

      Well, one comes to mind.

      Kevin Maynor - The Volga boatmen

      Kevin Maynor - The Volga boatmen

        Loading editor
    • Kadjah Thoris wrote:
      To get back on topic: 'Duel of the Fates' would make terrific 40k music with all that threatening sounding chanting.

      It would make for a great backdrop for when The Emperor and Horus square off for the last time, wouldn't it? That in mind...

      Duel of Fates - Jedi vs Sith Montage

      Duel of Fates - Jedi vs Sith Montage

        Loading editor
    • GRV Music- Conquer

      Guardians at the Gate- Audiomachine

      Really good songs to capture an epic fight or battlezone.

      It's that up beat classical/chior music that can really get the hairs sticking up.

        Loading editor
    • I find that listening to kick ass music helps me write fight scenes. I am lousy at fight scenes. Dialogue - heck yes. Description - sort of. Action - no so much.

        Loading editor
    • MercWithMouth wrote:


      Discrimination against people based on sexual orientation is on the decline (though sexual responsobility is on the decline, too); fewer people than ever are cigarette smokers in the U.S. (but that might get canceled out by the emergence of accepted marijuana smoking)...


      i consider homosexuality to be a good thing. given that there are no restrictions regarding people reproducing is leading to a serious population crisis (i actually think we may have passed the tipping point). i believe the rise in homosexuality may be an evolutionary 'circuit breaker': if our numbers continue to increase at the rate they have then the world will implode under the sheer weight. we have been in our erect, bipedal form for, what....a few hundred thousand years, at least? it took all that time for our population to reach 1 billion by 1800ad, and 2 centuries later we've multiplied that by 7!! this is a serious problem.

      when it comes to drugs government reactions are utterly irrational. a few years ago the uk government's leading narcotics expert was tasked with providing a list of drugs in order of the most addictive and most physically and sociologically damaging. i can't remember the whole list but the top 4 were - 1) nicotine, 2) alcohol, 3) caffiene, 4) heroin. not only is this accurate but the expert was promptly sacked because he didn't conform to 'accepted government opinions', as in "drugs are bad,m'kay?"

      homo-sapians have been using 'natural' drugs since pre-history - we have specific receptors in our brain that only function in response to drugs, we have evolved in conjunction with specific substances. now, 'natural' drugs are "bad, evil and the mark of all that's wrong with society", to paraphrase most governmental leaders. yet pharmaceutical drugs are "totally fine". i'd like to clarify something here, all pharmceutical drugs are derived from natural drugs but, pharmaceutical drugs are way more addictive and dangerous than most illegal narcotics. most illegal drugs have a side effect or two whereas most legal drugs have a list of side effects, and some truly horrific side effects too. when it comes to illegal vs legal drugs there is a vast hypocrisy among governments, and people, mainly due to a complete lack of understanding or a lack of will to understand.

      marijuana was made illegal, pretty much globally, around 1928 at a summit of nation's leaders simply because of cluelessness and petty self-importance. i forget the names but this can be verified: one nation was having problems with heroin abuse, the prime minister outined it's effects and problems, somewhat accurately, and it was then made illegal. another leader then started on about the "evils" of marijuana and then listed all the negative effects of pretty much every known drug, none of which even applied to marijuana. the summit, in their complete ignorance, then outlawed marijuana, and despite it numerous medical applications, and recreational, this has barely changed. i really hope the u.s fully legalizes, at least medically, the use of marijuana.

      also there is a difference between drug use and drug abuse, "there's no such thing as a dangerous drug, only dangerous use." i don't remember where i heard that quote but it actually applies to most aspects of our industrial societies.

      i live in scotland. this country actually has a worse public health record, per capita, than the u.s. it's also a country of widespread drug abuse. however, coincidentally the mental health record of scotland is one of the highest in the world.

      also consider this: a person lives to 80 years old, smokes 40 a day (cigarettes or joints) from the age of 20. that person will still not pollute a fraction as much as the industrial process that goes into making one car, as such there's no such thing as an 'eco-friendly vehicle'.

      finally, the single biggest problem with illegal drugs is the fact that they're illegal. if legal then the criminal element (while it will still be present, as it is in every facet of life), will be massively reduced. drugs would then be regulated making them safer still. most importantly though, is that people have the inalienable right to live their lives, so long as no-one is harmed, in any way they see fit - legal and illegal do not equal right and wrong.

      i don't hide the fact that i enjoy drugs (everyone does, be they a coffee drinker or alcoholic), i have a curious mind. however, i do no harm to others and i live a quiet and eminently enjoyable life, but because of a piece of writing instituted by someone who didn't have a clue i have to live with the 'legal interpretation' of being a habitual criminal.

      ok, i'm done again. sorry for deviating waaay off topic again but maybe we ought to start a thread about 'socio-economic poilitical morality and ethics' or some such :)

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:

      also there is a difference between drug use and drug abuse, "there's no such thing as a dangerous drug, only dangerous use." 

      Yeah... that's what they all say before their consumption inadvertently goes too far. That stuff's bad for you, period-- the fact that it emits smoke is proof enough.

      It's the 21st century. Whatever ends an individual might seek through substance use can be achieved in better ways now.

      And, as much as I hate to be the morality prosletyzer, not to mention referring to Prince Charles for his parenting abilities, take a look:

      http://my.jetscreenshot.com/2306/20130414-6aho-34kb

      Incidentally, marijuana consumption can also lead to addiction.

        Loading editor
    • i'm afraid that that link just typifies the stereotypical hysteria that accompanies any prominent members of society - who are clueless. and the masses follow.

      i never said it wasn't addictive but that particular addiction is purely psychological, marijuana has been scientifically (in this country at least) proven to not be physically addictive. any physical addiction in this regard stems solely from the tobacco it's smoked with - nicotine addiction.

      consumption inadvertantly goes too far? i refer you to addictive personalities, there are far more dangerous ways that people enjoy life than using drugs. i've tried many things and there's many more i would like to try, and in my decades of experimentation i have not once been led onto 'something stronger'.

      what if the ends an individual seeks is to be stoned? there are no other ways to achieve that except to get stoned. don't think i'm saying "hey drugs are awesome, do as many as you can.", i most assuredly am not because while i use i have also abused, and trust me, there is a huge difference. while i will always advocate the legalization, or at the least decriminalization, of all drugs, i fully respect peoples opinions to the contrary.

      it produces smoke....well, yeah. as does every petrol, diesel or hybrid car on earth. anyone who owns and drives such vehicles can't take that path of morality. vehicles cause an unparalleled degree of damage, to humans and the environment, and that's simply in their manufacture, let alone actual fuel pollution. human deaths caused by vehicles, either from traffic accidents or from their carcinogenic emissions, number more that deaths caused by all illegal drugs combined.

      have you ever seen someone who hasn't had their "morning coffee"? pale, cold, trembling? that is caffiene withdrawl and works exactly the same as heroin withdrawl, only much, much quicker.

      by the way, what's you're opinion on alcohol?

      and incidentally, marijuana has been, and is continuing to be, proven to relieve the symptoms of many ailments, far more effectively and safely, than pharmaceuticals.

        Loading editor
    • +1 on the 'socio-economic poilitical morality and ethics' discussion., I am pleasently suprised about what type of people you can find on a 40k forum. Go figure.

      Callummacdonald79, good sir, here are some things you need to consider.

      First off i am against `drug` use, and by `drug` i mean the completely unnatural, synthesized, poisonous, and addictive chemicals that the pharmaceutical industry `feeds` people. My opinion on natural herbs and such is not adamant, though i certainly prefer them above all else.

      It is true that there are more people alive today than at any other time in history. And openess towards sexuall preferences is not always a bad thing. I have no problem with gay people, as long as they do not have anything pointed at my back. Consider, however than if such a `sexuall renaissance` does occur then society would fall into hedonism, which is very, very bad.

      Apart from people there has never been such an abundance of food and resources in the entire history of Mankind. There is enought food and rescourses to feed and meet the needs of everybody on the planet, and more. Oddly enought there are over one billion people right now that are starving and sick. Why? Because the country they live in is being plundered for rescourses. Those people starve because they do not have `money` to buy food, since corporations and goverments are treating them like cattle and rob them of everything.

      It is not true that the human population of this world will increse non stop. As predictions say growth i.e death and birth rate will begin to stabalize at around 9 billion people, with the increase in urbanization, and considering that people who live in the city have less children, which are fully taken care of , as opposed to countries with a high child mortallity rate.

      The use of marijuana was not restricted because of ignorance, it was restricted to pave the way for the pharmaceutical corporations. Keep that in mind.

      Is `weed` or are `green drugs` needed? NO. Their main use is primarily for stress relief and enjoyment, because most people have actually forgotten that natural herbs and nature can heal better than anything produced by pharmaceutical corporations. If people find other means for stress relief, then the use of marijuana would ,probably, plumet. My personal way of stress relief is to workout. Because of my lifestyle i visit the gym six times a week (yes i have abs, i`m also 6ft4 and am willing to send pictures for proof), which is both healthy and productive. The use of marijuana for anything other than medical purposes would be ill used. Despite of what people may think the over and prolonged use of marijuana and stress relief drugs have negative side effects, and can decrease productivity and overall health. I personally consider people that use drugs `for recreation purposes` to be the sort that have problems to deal with life and society. Because of a character flaw or simply not being able to find anything other to do with their time ,there are types of people that resort to the use of marijuana, or other drugs. Despite all the other harmless and productive way there are towards which one can go for, laying around and smoking, with no productive or meaningful action is simply a waste.

      The majority of society do not `enjoy` such drugs, they use them because of necessity. Considering what a burden modern life can be most people have no information, or little  time, to find out how to avoid `drugs` such as coffee or alcohol. They do not relise that both, and all drugs, can have healthy and substitutes ,which can in no way be labelled as`drugs`. One such example is drinking tea instead of coffe. I have trouble imagining how a person might `enjoy` something that is bad for them, or unneeded or for which there is a better substitute. People today do not seemt realise that the use of `drugs` is only happening because of how society is wrongly structured, and the causes of all the stress, pain, and all things bad can be removed and hence with them the use and need of `drugs`, or all sorts.


      The best music for a 40k fleet battle would be classical, like this one.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:
      i'm afraid that that link just typifies the stereotypical hysteria that accompanies any prominent members of society - who are clueless. and the masses follow.

      Them's fighting words.

      i never said it wasn't addictive but that particular addiction is purely psychological, marijuana has been scientifically (in this country at least) proven to not be physically addictive. any physical addiction in this regard stems solely from the tobacco it's smoked with - nicotine addiction.

      Brown University would assert otherwise. The very fact that heavy users need multiple times the dose than infrequent users is an indication of tolereance development which in turn means that physical addiction is a real possibility, too.

      http://my.jetscreenshot.com/2306/20130414-cvd5-58kb

      consumption inadvertantly goes too far? i refer you to addictive personalities, there are far more dangerous ways that people enjoy life than using drugs.

      Mmm. Not really. I can think of a FEW things that MAYBE fit that description. Street racing, skydiving, kick-boxing... but these are uncommon activities compared to marijuana consumption; and even then, they're legal in only limited contexts.

      i've tried many things and there's many more i would like to try, and in my decades of experimentation i have not once been led onto 'something stronger'.

      That's right. You haven't. And neither has your cousin. Or your neighbor. But your cousin's brother, and your neighbor's brother, weren't so lucky. Being 'led on to stronger stuff' is not an inevitability, but it is a real possibility.

      what if the ends an individual seeks is to be stoned? there are no other ways to achieve that except to get stoned. don't think i'm saying "hey drugs are awesome, do as many as you can.", i most assuredly am not because while i use i have also abused, and trust me, there is a huge difference. while i will always advocate the legalization, or at the least decriminalization, of all drugs, i fully respect peoples opinions to the contrary.

      Yes, there is a difference. And if we could, in practice, legalize marijuana in a manner where 9-14% of the users would not 'go too far in their consumption' (whether that means developing an addiction, moving on to stronger stuff, or smoking the stuff while driving, etc.), then it would be a different matter. But we can't do that in practice. Ergo, the question: 'Do we sacrifice the right of 90% of would-be marijuana users to smoke responsobily, in order to prevent 10% of them from 'going too far?' Libertarians would say "hell no." But I've been around the block enough times to realize that the responsobile among us really do need to make some sacrifices or put up with some inconveniences so as to prevent the imbeciles among us from hurting themselves.  That's why there's seatbelt laws. The responsobile among us would buckle-up every time whether there was a law or not. The imbeciles will do so only if such a law exists. While this reeks of 'nanny-state-ism', I prefer giving up certain petty freedoms (such as not having to remember to buckle-up under penalty of law) for myself, so that the imbeciles don't get hurt.

      it produces smoke....well, yeah. as does every petrol, diesel or hybrid car on earth. anyone who owns and drives such vehicles can't take that path of morality. vehicles cause an unparalleled degree of damage, to humans and the environment, and that's simply in their manufacture, let alone actual fuel pollution. human deaths caused by vehicles, either from traffic accidents or from their carcinogenic emissions, number more that deaths caused by all illegal drugs combined.

      Mmm... yeah, I'm gonna stop you right there. While having automobiles on the road does present certain dangers and certain heavy costs, there are tremendously many more gains by having them on the road that outweigh those costs. Gun nuts try to make the same analogy too: 'cars kill more people than guns, so why not illegalize cars?' It's a spurious argument because they know that the 'costs' that would result from banning guns are microscopic compared to the 'costs' from banning cars.

      And anyway... the reason I brought up smoke is that it's the 'WELL DUH' evidence that marijuana is unhealthy. Other things that emit smoke -- like fireplaces and cars -- are unhealthy too. Which is why we do things to minimize the smoke like using scrubbers or installing exhaust pipes or chimmnies.

      have you ever seen someone who hasn't had their "morning coffee"? pale, cold, trembling? that is caffiene withdrawl and works exactly the same as heroin withdrawl, only much, much quicker.

      by the way, what's you're opinion on alcohol?

      Mmmm... we'd be better off without it, probably. Incidentally, during 'prohibition', worker productivity increased dramatically .

      and incidentally, marijuana has been, and is continuing to be, proven to relieve the symptoms of many ailments, far more effectively and safely, than pharmaceuticals.

      That remains to be seen.


        Loading editor
    • there's good points here but they mostly rest on one principle - productivity, which is firmly rooted in our broken and valueless monetary systems, which in turn is based on volumes of people being easily led.

      i will (or someone else can) start a different thread but i have to go to work (that's right, i'm a 'productive' member of our failing little world), but i look forward to this continuing :)

        Loading editor
    • The main point is not solely productivity, it is choosing labeled drugs for recreation, based on a comparison with something that is just as widely used, yet proven to be more fatal, and thinking that if what you are doing is not as bad as the other thing, then it`s ok.

        Loading editor
    • first up you'll get absolutely no arguement from me on the effects of short term memory loss whatsoev........what was i saying? :P

      i wasn't saying that if one thing is less harmful than the other then it's ok. i was merely making the point that the industrial aspect of our societies are far more harmful, to people and the environment, than any recreational drug use, and marijuana can be eaten rather than smoked - no smoke, so does that make it healthy?  

      before anyone can make an issue of the potential harm recreational drug use causes we need to address the lethal industrial pollution that is caused, in the name of 'productivity and progress'. i would direct anyone who hasn't seen the documentary 'gasland' to do so, that's a great example of what is done in the name of 'productivity and progress'. as for the reduction of c.o.2 emissions, yeah chimmnies, scrubbers and exhausts remove harmful substances from the vicinity of people and goes, oh yeah.......into the atmosphere, where it becomes part of the air that we all breath! or into the ground that sustains all our food sources! yeah that's sooo responsible. the kyoto agreement intended to have global emissions reduced to a particular percentage by 2015 (i could be wrong on that date). not only are global emissions nowhere near the percentage aimed for but c.o.2 emissions are higher than ever, the two worst offenders in this instance being china and the u.s.

      marshall you say you workout six times a week. now i have no idea about you're intensity, frequency and goals when working out but it sounds like you may have a fitness addiction. i use the term 'fitness' loosely because excessive exercise can be very damaging to joints and joint cartilidge, and spinal cartilidge, this has been proven. i used to frequent the gym myself about 4-5 times a week (after i was a drug user). it was mainly as a defence against being bullied, which worked, and after the bullying stopped i continued to do weights for a few years because there is an addictive element - the addictive element for me was being 5ft 11' and 16 stone of muscle. i haven't done weights for a couple of years as it was never about stress relief but i still regularly play basketball, volleyball and badminton simply because sport is fun.

      unless you actually have experience with recreational drugs then you can't say "do this or that as a substitute" because you have no data to compare the substitute with. as awesome as language is it can't convey experience.

      "no productivity or meaningful action is a waste." i find this statement to be very offensive. i apologise if it's not meant as such but that statement seems to me to be quite arrogant and self-centred. productivity and meaningful action are completely subjective. the 'importance' of productivity and meaningful action has the same basis as the 'importance' of money - it's drilled into us from birth onwards, by government, companies and any authoritarian body, to be "productive members of society, in the name of progress". but all this productivity simply perpetrates our corrupt systems of governance and expands the subjugation of our species, and progress, to my way of thinking, isn't something that is based on making or accumulating money, but should be about caring for the people of this world - first and foremost. as we all can see this totally isn't the case. there is no meaning or purpose to life other that what individuals decide has meaning and purpose, but the masses are quite happy to be 'told' what has meaning and purpose. there's also the issue of 'motivation' - pretty much all the major problems civilisations have suffered have been because of those who are very motivated. "show me someone who lacks motivation and i'll show you someone who isn't making trouble." the late, great, george carlin.

      i don't believe there is any meaning to life and i don't have the slightest problem with that, and my only purpose in life is to try and enjoy it to the best of my abilities as consistently as possible before death. death, by the way, which each and every one us will succumb to regardless of health or fitness and my health is mine to with as i choose, so i ask you this - is it preferable to be in the best physical shape possible whilst having mental health issues or be in extremely bad physical shape but mentally sound and happy? to me this isn't a valid question, mental health should always come first.

      merc, it upsets me that you are one of the people who are willing to give up personal freedoms because of the imbeciles. the town i live in has a pretty severe problem with heroin abuse (one of the few things, incidentally, i've never tried nor want to try). the problem isn't specifically the heroin though: it's the imbeciles who abuse, and about half the people i went to school with are either heroin addicts or dead from overdose because of two things, 1) the illegality - it's unregulated so it can vary massively in purity and strength, there are a few people in this country who are prescribed medical grade heroin who live regular, responsible lives and are 'productive' members of society with 40+ hour a week jobs. and 2) they're imbeciles.

      as has earlier been said, the imbeciles are the main support mechanism for government and commerce so obviously these institutions want to make sure these people live long and 'productive' lives (which is why health and safety stickers continue to pop up everywhere) but i don't agree with nanny-stateism. i firmly believe in 'survival of the fittest' in terms of the evolutionary and intellectual 'progress' of our species. if someone can't survive, in society, on their own wit without a nanny-state then i will take the chance of them causing an accident that harms me over losing personal freedoms (however petty they may be). and by imbeciles i refer to those who aren't mentally retarded but act as though they are. how our societies care for those who are mentally, or physically, handicapped should be a good thing, if it weren't for the fact that those institutions are usually controlled by the pharmaceuticals in the pursuit of profit.

      regarding the volume of our population. i know that we won't keep reproducing indefinitely, i was just being dramatic. while there may be enough food to feed everyone adequately, personally i don't think that's the case. the intensive farming that's being carried out across the world is reducing the amount of arable land that there is, and although it's a finite supply of arable land it can be used sustainably, the problem is that there isn't many places on earth that are using it sustainably. i genuinely believe that there will be global uprisings and mass riots and violence within the next century when the food starts to run out causing starvation on a worldwide scale. unless something is done to regulate our reproduction, and very soon. 

      i'm aware that i may sound callous and selfish, and i openly admit to selfishness - it's a characteristic trait of humanity, wether people admit it or not, but it may help to know that i'm a misanthrope. i deeply, deeply hate what our race has done, and is still doing, to each other and the world itself in the name of 'productivity and progress', always at the behest of powerful, motivated, greedy and idiotic leaders. yes we are capable of great acts of love and kindness, lofty ideals and unshakeable optimism, but the horrors that we have subjected the world to far outweighs any and every collective good that's been done. if the warp really existed i truly think we would have created chaos gods by now. understand though that i don't hate people, or hate peoples (i have no true malice in me which i can say is definitely aided by my chosen lifestyle), i, and my circle of close friends, are among the most tolerant people i know of and yet, i've found that the older i get the more intolerant i'm becoming towards the intolerant.

      ok i just noticed how long this post is so i'll stop.

        Loading editor
    • Exelent post ,cleary expresing your ideals and view, however i can and do disagree with some. For me to give you a detalied explanation of my arguments would require to write something longer than this, therefore i will try to keep it short. I also recommend movies such as Esoteric Agenda and Zeitgeist Moving Forward , which does not talk about politics in any way, but the very survival of our species, and learning about the Venus project of Jacque Fresco. Other notable people you should definetly know about are David Icke and Walter J. Veith.

      There have been numerous efficient and completely pollution free fuel sources. One example is Brown Gas, invented by the Bulgarian Ilia Valkov aka Yule Brown. What he did was basically invent cars that run on normal, sink water, and produce water as a byproduct.

      http://www.hho4free.com/browns_gas.htm

      You can get the technology installed in your car in the town where my home is, and it reduces fuel consumption by over 60%, and produces remarkably less pollution. I know people that have done this, its not even expensive. Quite `illegal` though.

      So, if there are as many substitutes to fuel sources why have the corporations and goverments of the world not implement them as soon as possible? The answer is profit. Basically the people that are in charge of this world want to use every last drop of diesel and fuel and use them as means of control and power. The level of technology that exist and the level of technology available and used by the masses of society have, at the least, a hundred years of difference. Ever heard of the HAARP weapon? With that in mind if goverment|corporations do allow these changes to be made it would reduce their power and profit. We share the same opinion on money.

      Ever heard of the phrase `sound of  body sound of mind`? I workout with weights four times a week, and Wendsday is for jogging around campus, and Sunday for yoga and meditation. I also donate blood every three months. In the years i have been interested to bodybuilding i have never heard as such a thing as `fitness addiction`. I know of people with a distorted image of body aesthetics, such as Mr Olympia or  Mr Strongman perhaps that is what you meant.. A normal, healthy human body is not supposed to look like that.

      I find the term `recreational drugs` a bit off. First off destroying yourself for a short time `happy moment` does not sound sane to me. There are literally thousands of activities which can be used as a way to relieve stress or cause euphoria. I am certain people resort to `recreational drugs` because they themselves have either not found anything better or are too lazy to look.

      While I agree with you on that one, you focus too much on money. Meaningful action is something that is only judged by the individual, or those it affects, which in almolst any case, that is society. In regards to almolst all laws, and basic human rights people can do whatever they want on themselves ,as long it does not effect or harm society( other people). Therefore if you are not doing anything harm anyone, no one can judge you. I do not fully agree with that. Sometimes there are individuals that are ,for some reason or other, not capable of deciding for themselves what is best for them. While it would be a violation of basic rights to `redirect` them towards another direction, doing so against their will creates a number of `moral dilemmas`. If morality was driving the planet, then it would stop spinning. Sometimes doing the right thing requieres to brake such morals. While no one can tell you ,or impose their expectation upon you, they can certainly try to direct you towards a more meaningful existance. Sadly society is rarely based on the individual and instead laws and regulation are made that affect everybody. Does that mean sacrificing personal freedom? Not always. Most of the time regulations and laws are imposed for the people that do not follow them and hurt themselves or other people by doing so. If something safe or healthy you are doing, is made a law which is to be abided by everyone, then are you really sacrificing something, by continuing your actions, regardless of the law? These rules and guidlines are made to keep people and society from destroying itself. They are not made because some follow them, but because not enough do. If ever a law or regulation is applied, and it in some way interferes with your personal freedom, then perhaps what you have been or not been doing is somethig potentially harmful, and you have done it because you either do not know it is, or disregard that fact. The law is meant to protect people, often at the cost of their rights or personal freedom. Who makes these laws and imposes them is another question.

      While everyone is entiteled to their opinion, in the case it is proven to be wrong or misguided people would then have the freedom to try and correct it. I assure you, life is not meaningles, and whilst trying to live it as happily as you can is not wrong, it is not right either. Discussing the meaning of life would take me another essay. If a discussion on that is made, perhaps i would share my opinion on that.

      I have said it already `evil relies upon ignorance`. Those masses can be educated and enlightened, because of the information censure and false propaganda ,they are kept in the dark about all sorts of things. An individual is a part of the masses when he does not have the truth, or does no action to spread it. Natural selection is not exactly dead, it has long been made obsolete. Otherwise there would be much less people alive today.

      It is not a question of reproduction, it is a question of not disregarding your kids, and making sure they grow up to be the best people they can be. Overpopulation is mainly because of overcrowded countryies such as China or India, where the child mortality rate is significant, and because of that there are more kids. If the society there focus on proper upbringing of their children, they would only have less kids who grow up to do nothing but consume resources, and instead a force that improves everything.

      I am with you on the last one. Keep in mind that humans are not evil or destructive by nature. What most humans are are subjects of circumstance. If the world becomes the Utopia it can and should be, the goodness and virtues of human nature will shine.

      I am looking forward for another part.

      PS: I understand physics to a certain degree and I have my own personal, possibly crazy, theory that the Immaterium does exist as per the laws of Physics. Just sayin.

        Loading editor
    • i was actually going to mention the zeitgeist documentaries. before i had seen them i accepted the fact that my views were most likely jaded and very cynical, after i'd seen them i felt somewhat relieved that 'it's not just me', and yet they also made sick to my stomach. the venus project i completely endorse and even if it doesn't work (even though it totally should) the least we can do is try. the problem is i there's no profit in it.

      i know i focus heavily on money but i consider money to be one of the two worst things humans have created, right next to the institutions of organized religions. almost all the worst atrocities in our history have stemmed from one or the other.

      now that you mention it i do remember about the 'water fuel'. i also remember thinking that it will never become widespread because it isn't as profitable as petrol/diesel. even though it isn't completely pollutant free it's currently the best option available.

      sound of body sound of mind definitely works for some people but the two aren't mutually inclusive, and with a gym instuctors degree i can assure you that fitness addiction i a real thing. not strictly body and strength builders, although they are the extreme examples of it, but people get physically addicted to 'the burn' and psychologically addicted to the chemicals released by the mind from such activity (these days sport is how i achieve that particular 'high'). this is exactly the same principle as psychological narcotic addiction - specific narcotics, marijuana being one, cause the brain to release specific chemicals, and these specific chemicals are only released from the use of specific substances (apologies for the overuse of specific), bear in mind here that i'm not talking of drug use but psychological addiction - everyone on earth is an addict to something: chocohaulic, workaholic, hardcore daytime soap fan, fitness fanatics. one of the misconceptions of the word 'addiction' is that people automatically assume drugs. 

      you also touch on the point of recreational drug users 'not finding anything better or too lazy to look'. the lazy part i soundly agree with and this is only exasperated by the idiots. not finding anything better i also agree with as regards to 'chemical release' but also because this country has a severe lack of public entertainment facilities. my town has one public fitness centre which is too expensive for me to frequent, i actually get my sport via one of my close friends who is a lecturer at the local college and i get to use those facilities for free. the most prevalent form of 'public entertainment' in this country is pubs, and while i like the occasional drink i no longer go to pubs because of the idiots who make such activities unpleasant. until something is done to improve the availablity of public entertainment in this country 'recreational drugs' are cheap, available and provide the required stress relief. (please note that heroin, lsd, crystal meth etc, while some people may use them as such these are not recreational drugs)

      by the way, i actually want the venus project. even though such a society has no place for my chosen lifestyle that is how our world should be progressing - for the welfare, equality and benefit of all.

        Loading editor
    • Greetings, Gue'vesa.

      Did you know that your prosperity and longevity are ensured not just for yourself, but for all, when you embrace the Tenets of the Greater Good?


      Ethereal

      The Greater Good ensures the betterment of all...!

        Loading editor
    • You shall not be heard today... flee to your false Ethereals

        Loading editor
    • Now now people, don't be hating.

        Loading editor
    • Just having a bit of fun... no hatin intended

        Loading editor
    • I recently added a better image of an Ethereal, weir coincidence.

      So i guess that all proper debate will be redirected towards the 'socio-economic poilitical morality and ethics' discussion. So to get back on the topic of music.

      Turn down the volume and Behold!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPjCfk2XFsk

      I personally see the HH as something sad ,so that affects the music i asociate with it

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJKfm3VcOEQ

        Loading editor
    • Although not so classical I still do believe that this may have place somewhere in the 40k universe, perhaps for specific situations rather than the universe in general.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hExdXzONxNo

      It may be from a game that already exsists but I still love it and the lyrics kinda fit with the 40k universe...

        Loading editor
    • That is definetly Imperial Guard type of music. But only on a very good day, when the commisars are not around...

      This one says Emperors Champion vs an army of Chaos

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=Xsl01e4hkbY

        Loading editor
    • Sweet music!

        Loading editor
    • What no Chaos tributes? They do deserve some.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-I6r6wsIs&feature=related

        Loading editor
    • Although this was a good choice of music it is actually quite hard to pinpoint a theme for chaos... Due to the absolutely massive diversity among them

      However you could put their specific theme styles into the four (five if you can find Malal related songs) dark gods e.g. Tzeentch's theme would almost be mystical like the eldar but very dark and twisted 

        Loading editor
    • On a related note popular music apparently exists in the 40k-verse. Amberley Vail goes undercover as a lounge singer and Cain complains of the elevator music in a Arbite precinct house. Of course the piece is called 'Death to the Deviants'.

        Loading editor
    • "in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war, and elevator music." - things must be grim indeed :)

        Loading editor
    • I doubt most the masses of imperial citizens know what a TV is, which might be good for them, Chaos talk shows and propaganda, or have ever heard good music, they would be too busy toiling and dying. The `elevator music` could be considered a luxury in 40k, because only the nobles up in the spires could even have time to create music or culture. Perhaps the entarntainment of the masses in 40k is at its most basic level, no auto-tune, and is simple dance and singing.

      The Imperial guard seem to have a lot of songs, good, military, die for your brothers music. If you haven`t listened to this, go to 4 min.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cgg4S5kk4&feature=related

        Loading editor
    • So on the subject of imperial music...

      I've always wondered, do dreadnoughts have full surround sound battle music playing in there e.g. all the above songs in this thread?

      If so I have a feeling I know why Chaos Dreads are  insane... That b**tard Slaanesh put this on loop in their sarcophigi...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

      P.s. The link is not for the feint of heart or weak of will...

        Loading editor
    • Do not click the link, repeat do not click the link!

      Well most modern Imperial Dreadgnouthts have 360 surround sound systems, and are outfitted with state of the art stereo, they`re totally pimped  :P

      For a Dreadgnoutht a music like this would be fitting

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HORkT4a2MhQ

        Loading editor
    • The top comment at this very moment is so fitting to the conversation....lahdks\gfvsvjh,sfhuawfeiuah

      ... sorry just trying to pray to Tzeentch, trying to get him to help me to forget..... that

        Loading editor
    • Shudder. After listening to that...thing...I would imagine even a Space Marine begging for death.

        Loading editor
    • i am not feint of heart nor weak of will, however...

      slaanesh can do anything it wants to my willing flesh....

      slow roast over an open fire while dark eldar eat me alive....

      waterboarding with dark eldar urine.....

      vivisection via papercuts....

      anything...as long as i never have to hear that warp spawned abomination again!

      curse you du'un, you truly are a servant of evil :)

        Loading editor
    • basil poledouris  battle of the mounds, anvil of crom and the likes ^^

        Loading editor
    • Callimmacdonald, that`s some imagination right there.

      This shall soothe thyne broken ears

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGGrLQP96H4

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:

      anything...as long as i never have to hear that warp spawned abomination again!

      curse you du'un, you truly are a servant of evil :)

      It appears my purpose here has been compromised... Yet my task here is complete

      To the Eye of Terror!

        Loading editor
    • Wait for me!

        Loading editor
    • well i guess i'll be following shortly.....i did make a deal.....

        Loading editor
    • Sindri it appears we have found yet another way of turing loyalists...

        Loading editor
    • Tyranids: Dont forget about us! We will be m-eating you shortly!

        Loading editor
    • Not as planned!

        Loading editor
    • & to you fellow sorcerer, yes, I can see where you're coming from. I think a few prayers to Slaanesh are in order...but not without a few wards against him from Tzeentch. I don't want to become corrupted by those abominations.

        Loading editor
    • Amon Amarth has some pretty cool & fitting songs for 40k theme:

      Chaos:

      Where is your god?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra5KzVnUeNI

      Space Wolves:

      Live for the kill

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HotjzABI0w

      Space Marines 

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LS_1TUCRu8


      Watch out for the lyrics! :) 

        Loading editor
    • Well, since this place doesn't "appear" to be dead, yet, I'll throw in my own two cents.

      I think classical, Some types of metal, Some hard rock, and what I call "epic" music should fit.

      One song that would fit the Imperial guard would probably be Hells bells by ACDC. Maybe when going to a battle or something. Thunderstruck is good to.

      By epic, I mean stuff like Clint mansel's "Requim for a Dream"

      Okay, well, Here is is a full list of songs that I think would be great for WH40K


      Requim for a Dream- Clint mansell

      Whoever Brings the Night- Nightwish

      Love & Loss- Two steps from Hell

      Strength of a thousand Men- Two steps from Hell

      The Sixth Day- City of the Fallen

      Fangs- X-Ray Dog* (Questionable, but thats what groove shark came up with)

      This War is ours- Escape the Fate

      Super Strength- Two steps from Hell

      1000 ships of the undead- Two Steps from Hell 

      Take me Away- Globus

      Preliator- Globus* (Love this so much ^_^, Would love to hear this at a major guard deployment)

      Sarabands Suite- Globus

      Doomsday- Globus

      It Makes no Difference who we are- CellDweller (Chaos?)

      The wings of Icarus- Celldweller (Sentinels of War Chapter Theme)

      The Sentinel- Celldweller (Sentinels of War Chapter Theme)

      Good Day to Die- Godsmack (space marine?)

      The Day the Whole world went away (Cold and Grey Salvation remix for Terminator slavation)- Nine inch nails (Space marine drop?)

      End of All Hope- Nightwish

      Wishmaster- Nightwish

      I Wish I had an Angel- Nightwish

      Storm- Ion Storm(?) *Found on groveshark, its an OST from the movie Elizebeth: the golden age. Might be hard ot find.

      Trooper- Iron Madien *Oh the life of a Guardsmen :3

      Starfleet- Two steps from hell (Not to be confuesed with Star trek)

      Nightmare- Avenged Sevenfold (Chaos?)

      The wicked end- A7X

      Thats off the top of my head, Think they fit?

        Loading editor
    • Here's another good one. & I mean good.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk

        Loading editor
    • How the bloody hell did i forgot To Glory?

      oh, theirs this one to.

      Don't know if it was posted here already:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg

      Also:

      Dear emperor...  859 Million veiws? And only 3 million dislikes?

      WHAT HERESEY IS THIS!

      WHY WAS THIS NOT PURGED!

        Loading editor
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LLnwEcgWx

      DESTROYER OF THE UNIVERSE BRINGER OF FLAMES AND ENDLESS HURT SCORCHER OF MEN AND EARTH


      Could be Abaddon's theme :D

        Loading editor
    • The one good thing that can be said about the Ultramarines movie is that the soundtrack was good.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9AaTV4-yw

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw

        Loading editor
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3mwPfqu_3Y

      Tzeentch... All I have to say...

        Loading editor
    • This may count as Thread Necromancy but...

      Some of you may remember how I tormented the wiki with my huge "mistake," and so here I will make up for it:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Uy8bVgsxViU&NR=1

        Loading editor
    • I think you've redeemed yourself well enough with this link. Shame you can't just feed his soul to Slaanesh though.

        Loading editor
    • Du'un that song of yours was torture. I feel like killing myself after listening to it.

        Loading editor
    • Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. With lyrics like "Waking up to Ash and Dust" and "Radioactive" it really fits, and it's epic tune.

        Loading editor
    • well when installing the dark templars mod on the soulstorm/dark crusade dawn of wars i found a preaty good warhammer song, yet i can't freaking find it anywhere, it is in the installer and it is playing while you instal the mod, but i can't fucking find it anywhere and it is frustrating me since i can't share it with anyone or listen to it myself 

        Loading editor
    • 93.103.40.38 wrote:
      well when installing the BLACK templars mod on the soulstorm/dark crusade dawn of wars i found a preaty good warhammer song, yet i can't freaking find it anywhere, it is in the installer and it is playing while you instal the mod, but i can't fucking find it anywhere and it is frustrating me since i can't share it with anyone or listen to it myself 

      fixed

        Loading editor
    • Here are a few of my ideas.

      Antithesis by Origin for Tyranids. Their album cover is basically a Tyranid!

      Blood God Rising by Debauchery for Khornate. Of course.

      Hellraiser (VNV Mix) by Suicide Commando for Slaaneshy.

        Loading editor
    • Here's a few of my selections:

      Overall theme for Warhammer 40k in general. Would also work for the Inquisition too I think:

      Sephiroth

      Sephiroth

      full

      This is perfect for the Imperium of Man, as it has the perfect balance of guts & glory and pomp & circumstance:

      (high quality) Aus Ferner Zeit - Equilibrium

      (high quality) Aus Ferner Zeit - Equilibrium

      Space Marines:

      Bal-Sagoth - The Epsilon Exordium

      Bal-Sagoth - The Epsilon Exordium

      full

      Imperial Guard:

      Men of Harlech

      Men of Harlech

      full

      Here's a PERFECT one for the Orks:

      Finntroll Blodmarsch

      Finntroll Blodmarsch

      full

      Here's one for followers of Khorne. To me, this band are just the very essence of rage, fury and anger put to music:

      Anaal nathrakh - Lama Sabachthani

      Anaal nathrakh - Lama Sabachthani

      full

      Here's one for Eldar:

      Bal-Sagoth- The Fallen Kingdoms of Abyssal Plain

      Bal-Sagoth- The Fallen Kingdoms of Abyssal Plain

      full

      And Dark Eldar:

      BalSagoth Return to Hatheg Kla

      BalSagoth Return to Hatheg Kla

      full

      Followers of Nurgle:

      Abominable Putridity - Entrails Full Of Vermin

      Abominable Putridity - Entrails Full Of Vermin

      full

      Necrons. A bit corny I know, but franky, when I look at their artwork and hear the phrase "march of doom", this is what immediately comes to mind:

      Dracula theme - Bram Stoker's Dracula theme

      Dracula theme - Bram Stoker's Dracula theme

      full

      Adeptus Mechanicus:

      AQUANOX 2 REVELATION soundtrack (OST) - 11

      AQUANOX 2 REVELATION soundtrack (OST) - 11. Orderssoeldner

      Followers of Slaanesh:

      Akercocke The Promise Antichrist

      Akercocke The Promise Antichrist

      full

      Followers of Tzeentch:

      Sephiroth - R'lyeh

      Sephiroth - R'lyeh

      full

      Chaos Undivided:

      Behemoth - Decade ov Therion (lyrics)

      Behemoth - Decade ov Therion (lyrics)

      full

      Tau. Sorry if this one seems a bit of a cop-out, but I was honestly struggling to find a suitable theme for the Tau:

      Machinae Supremacy - Bouff

      Machinae Supremacy - Bouff

      full

      Tyranids. Again, may seem a bit of a cop-out, but REALLY struggled with this one:

      The Kraken Theme Song

      The Kraken Theme Song

      full

      And here's a bunch of songs for battles :D

      The Voyagers Beneath The Mare Imbrium

      The Voyagers Beneath The Mare Imbrium

      full

      BalSagoth Behold, the Armies of War Descend Screaming From

      BalSagoth Behold, the Armies of War Descend Screaming From

      full

      Bal-Sagoth - Callisto Rising-0

      Bal-Sagoth - Callisto Rising-0

      Bal Sagoth - The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon

      Bal Sagoth - The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon

      full

      Bal-Sagoth - The Obsidian Crown Unbound

      Bal-Sagoth - The Obsidian Crown Unbound

      full

      Anaal nathrakh - genetic noose

      Anaal nathrakh - genetic noose

      full

      Aftermath

      Aftermath

      full

        Loading editor
    • "A lifetime of war" by Sabaton

        Loading editor
    • I would say Deadly Sinners by 3 Inches of Blood, because the song is about followers of metal killing the "enemies" of metal simply because they aren't followers of metal, seems a lot like the Imperium of Man to me. Oh, and the song is metal... like Warhammer 40k.

        Loading editor
    • i'm not a metal fan so i don't equate metal with 40k, but given that life in 40k is like continual torture, and any time i hear metal is like continual torture, then maybe 40k is a lttle bit metal :P

      granted, even my non-metal tastes accepts there's scenario's where metal is the default setting, like everything khornate, but i still think that in terms of genres classical is the only one that can encapsulate every aspect of 40k - the good times, the bad times, the ecstasies, the horrors, as well as everything in-between.

        Loading editor
    • I bet you were never expecting this...

      TZEENTCH. METAL!

      Warhammer 40k - Tzeentch (HMKids)

      Warhammer 40k - Tzeentch (HMKids)

        Loading editor
    • you're so right that i didn't see that coming, you must be psychic :P

      for some reason i've always felt that euphoric trance music is most fitting for tzeentch.

        Loading editor
    • Chaos/Dark Eldar: All the differenct variations of metal except heavy metal.

      Astartes/Sororitas/Mechanicus: Religous monophony music.

      Imperial Guard: Upbeat classical music.

      Orks: Tribal music or punk rock.

      Tyranids: Any music that makes you think of huge numbers.

      Eldar: Mediveal Celtic music.

      Tau: Asian music.

      Necrons: Doom music with deep base and no vocals at all.

        Loading editor
    • Either metal, classical, dark ambience, or some combination of the three :P

        Loading editor
    • Some combination of those three would make for the perfect Warhammer 40k theme song.

      But here are a couple of my favorites. For the Emperor!

      Warhammer 40,000 Imperius Dominatus

      Warhammer 40,000 Imperius Dominatus

      Warhammer Dawn Of War - They Are My Space Marines

      Warhammer Dawn Of War - They Are My Space Marines

        Loading editor
    • It cannot be said that one song, or even one genre, sutis 40K as a whole.

      The Imperium seems like it would go for a mix of classical and death metal.

      Chaos is straight-up rock opera.

      Necrons are techno with a hint of drone metal.

      Tau and Vespid are Russian chanting with hints of hard rock.

      Kroot are traditional world music from various cultures.

      Nids are percussion that sounds like clicky bug noises.

      Rak'Gol are death metal.

      Orks are anything sung by someone with a cockney accent.

      See what I mean?

        Loading editor
    • i agree that those choices are fitting but i disagree with the opening sentance - as a genre classical covers literally every base.

      classical is the single most emotionally diverse form of music on earth: metal (death, thrash, or any other  type) can be used for war/high octane scenario's, but can't be made to fit scenes of serenity. folk music can convey serenity but doesn't fit war. dance can fit high octane scenario's but doesn't really fit war or serenity, while trance can fit serenity it doesn't really fit war (except for maybe colossul space-naval battles that have no sound other than the music). rock - see metal.

      while in the grim darkness there is only war, those wars only happen after the combatents have travelled through the serenity of empty space (of which there is still way more of in 40k than war). there's many songs from many genres that can fit a multitude of scenario's but there's no single genre that compares to the emotive variety of classical - for every situation there is literally a classical piece that fits.

      although i keep mentioning classical in this thread don't think i'm a classical snob, i enjoy music from almost every genre with very few exceptions (metal, freeform jazz, and pretty much anything that sounds like take that or (curse you du'un) bieber). i only got into classical a few years ago but i fell in love with it as a genre because there isn't a single situation where a classical piece wont fit.

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:

      ...folk music can convey serenity but doesn't fit war...

      I must disagree. It could be done. I personally couldn't do it though.

      A really atmospheric folk song could be used for a certain kind of war scene, namely the sort of sad, futile "over the top" sequences you get in WW1 films.

      Hell, someone should try that in an Imperial Guard movie (If GW ever has the genuine sense to get an Imperial Guard movie made)

        Loading editor
    • Sorry for the double post but...

      Callummacdonald79 wrote:
      ...every aspect of 40k - the good times, the bad times, the ecstasies, the horrors, as well as everything in-between.


      Yeah, no. There is no good time in 40K, unless you count the lulls where all you do is wait for yet more horror to descend.

        Loading editor
    • there are totally good times in 40k:

      orks always have good times, except for the lulls in-betwen battles :)

      the thing is though, despite the size of the imperium, and the size of the ork threat, and the size of the tyranid threat etc, and despite the sheer volume of wars that are waged across the galaxy, the one thing there's more of than anything else in space....is space - empty, tranquil space (relatively speaking, because the 'empty' vacuum of space is far from empty and things like supernovae, black holes etc are far from tranquil).

      for every warzone in the galaxy there's thousands of worlds all over the place that are not directly involved (or involved at all) in those wars. places that will most likely provide materials/personnel for the wars but aren't actually warzones themselves - so for the people of those worlds; not being at the frontline of a war would definitely be good times. plus every war won would be good times (for the winners). as well as realms like ultramar that live in comparitive luxary; the denizens of those type of worlds would regularly experience good times.

      and on the other side of the warp - every daemon and worshipper of khorne that's killing something is having a good time. slaanesh daemons and worshippers are all about the good times - however depraved and vile their actions may seem to us there's no denying that they're all having exceptionally good times :)

      and while 40k's tagline is "there is only war", the sheer scale of the galaxy opposes that notion. think of all the drudgery that the masses have to go through to provide for the wars. drudgery that far, far outnumbers the amount of war. for those that have to drudge 'good times' would probably be small things: maybe satisfaction in their work, getting home to their family after their shift, celebrating a childs birthday or their induction into the imperial guard or even astartes ranks. they're maybe small things in the scheme of 40k but for those involved they would certainly be good times. then there's still worlds undiscovered that are home to civilisations that know nothing of galactic war, worlds that might mirror our current world on which good times are quite commonplace.

      essentially 'good times' is subjective, and when 40k was first created the tagline would've been more accurate, but 25 years later, with the abundance of story that's been created since, there's now so much more and the tagline ought to read - "in the grim darkness of the far future there isn't only war." :)

        Loading editor
    • [[1]]   slaneesh

        Loading editor
    • 86.174.164.234 wrote:
      [[1]

      slaneesh

      (Slow sarcastic clapping)

        Loading editor
    • Crusader Rhiza wrote:
      86.174.164.234 wrote:
      [[1]

      slaneesh

      (Slow sarcastic clapping)

      What Rhiza said.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Crusader Rhiza wrote:
      86.174.164.234 wrote:
      [[1]

      slaneesh

      (Slow sarcastic clapping)
      What Rhiza said.

      lol :)

        Loading editor
    •  Meanwhile in the Warp Slaanesh: Hey guys, I'm hosting an awesome party! Wanna come?! Khorne: F*** NO, YOU LITTLE BITCH. Tzeentch: Afraid not, little brother, I have other plans..... Nurgle: I need to clog my toilet again.

      THEN SUDDENLY FULGRIM Slaanesh: Your not coming, Fulgrim....

        Loading editor
    • 86.174.164.234 wrote:
       Meanwhile in the WarpSlaanesh: Hey guys, I'm hosting an awesome party! Wanna come?!

      Khorne: F*** NO, YOU LITTLE BITCH. Tzeentch: Afraid not, little brother, I have other plans..... Nurgle: I need to clog my toilet again.

      THEN SUDDENLY FULGRIM Slaanesh: Your not coming, Fulgrim....

      lol.

        Loading editor
    • then fulgrim, hanging his head in dejection, makes his way home while the 'not invited to the party blues' plays a sad tune in his head. on his way he passes malal who, while also not invited, seems hell-bent on crashing another of slaanesh's legendary parties....again.

      actually, that's a genre that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet and would be great for many of the depressing/hopeless situations of 40k - blues.

        Loading editor
    • Callummacdonald79 wrote:
      ...actually, that's a genre that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet and would be great for many of the depressing/hopeless situations of 40k - blues.

      (dowdow-dada)

      Woke up this morning

      (dowdow-dada)

      In the 41st Millenium

      (dowdow-dada)

      Life is pretty grimdark

      (dowdow-dada)

      In the Imperium of Man

      (dowdow-dada)

      We're ruled by a corpse

      (dowdow-dada)

      And some tech-fetish Martians

      (dowdow-dada)

      But we have cool tanks

      (dowdow-dada)

      And spess mehreens

      etc, etc.

        Loading editor
    • Slug gunner fan wrote:
      Callummacdonald79 wrote:
      ...actually, that's a genre that doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet and would be great for many of the depressing/hopeless situations of 40k - blues.
      (dowdow-dada)

      Woke up this morning

      (dowdow-dada)

      In the 41st Millenium

      (dowdow-dada)

      Life is pretty grimdark

      (dowdow-dada)

      In the Imperium of Man

      (dowdow-dada)

      We're ruled by a corpse

      (dowdow-dada)

      And some tech-fetish Martians

      (dowdow-dada)

      But we have cool tanks

      (dowdow-dada)

      And spess mehreens

      etc, etc.

      This'll probably get me banned but... somebody give /tg/ a look at this.

        Loading editor
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      23:47, April 14, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      23:46, April 14, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      23:47, April 14, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      23:47, April 14, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Shas'o'Kais
      Shas'o'Kais removed this reply because:
      coarse language
      23:47, April 14, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Come on people, this is about music, not whether Sororitas are crazier than Astartes(I think they are pretty much the same, just one gets a secondary heart and corrosive saliva.)

        Loading editor
    • Thread limit reached. Please create a new Part 2 thead and continue discussion there; remember to leave a link to the new thread here. Thanks. 

        Loading editor
    • Finally another Sabaton fan I thought I was the only one on the internet.

      New thread anyone, or did we finish up here?

        Loading editor
    • HEAVY METAL

        Loading editor
    • Black Sabbath - War pigs

      Black Sabbath - into the void

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.