The bulk of the White Scars Chapter, which called the sector home, was deployed to other conflicts across the galaxy. The Chaos forces succeeded in occupying several systems within the sector and nearly overwhelming the White Scars garrison left on Chogoris itself.
While the White Scars were able to rally their forces and successfully threw back the Red Corsairs' assault on their fortress-monastery of Quan Zhou, only the ebbing of the Noctis Aeterna and the subsequent loss of their daemonic allies as a result convinced the Red Corsairs to withdraw from Chogoris and pursue the destruction of the White Scars at a later date.
The Heretics are currently using these footholds in the Yasan Sector to continue to launch new attacks upon the White Scars' homeworld.
The Thaxis System's worlds in order of their distance from the system's star include:
- Sanctum (Defence Platform) - Sanctum is a former Imperial defence platform that orbited the Thaxis star. It has been conquered by the forces of Chaos and is now under the control of the Red Corsairs and their allies.
- Thaxis (Forge World) - Thaxis, the primary world of the system and the planet for which it was named, was once an Adeptus Mechanicus Forge World. It was conquered by the forces of Chaos during the Red Corsairs' invasion of the sector and is now under their control.
- Vydoria (Agri-world) - The Agri-world of Vydoria came under siege by the Red Corsairs but still remains contested with Loyalist forces.
- Shetlock Belt (Asteroid Belt) - The Shetlock Belt of asteroids which rings the outer bounds of the Thaxis System is currently contested territory between the Red Corsairs and the remaining Loyalist forces in the system.
- Codex Supplement: White Scars (8th Edition), pp. 8-9