"The Emperor has no perfect servants, and so he must make do with broken ones like us."
- — Lord Tarvarius of the Storm Wings Chapter to Lieutenant Aerand of the 900th Regiment of the Cadian Shock Troopers
The Storm Wings is a Loyalist Codex Astartes-compliant Space Marine Chapter of unknown Founding which is also allegedly a rare Successor Chapter of the Raven Guard. The Storm Wings Chapter homeworld is Eyrie, a planet in the Segmentum Solar.
- Encounter with the Tiger Claws (680.M41) - The Storm Wings encountered the long-lost Strike Cruiser Bakasurra, a known vessel of the Tiger Claws Chapter, which reappeared on the edge of the Segmentum Pacificus after being declared "Lost in the Warp" over a thousand years earlier in 280.M40 when the entire Tiger Claws Chapter itself had disappeared. The starship appeared to have been subject to severe temporal distortion in the Warp, and for the 100 Battle-Brothers aboard the Bakasurra, no more than a few months had elapsed since they had set out on their journey. After making contact with the surviving Tiger Claws, the Storm Wings strike force aided them in battle against Drukhari slavers. They resupplied the Tiger Claws, who then departed to make their way towards the location of their fortress-monastery on their homeworld of Krodha.
"When our primarch Corvus Corax led the Raven Guard against the heretic Horus, he stumbled into a trap that killed nearly all of our brothers. We were almost purged from the galaxy, and Corax fled in disgrace. It was millennia before the Raven Guard and their successors recovered from his departure. Centuries more before we learned to embrace our failings as strength rather than weakness."
- — Lord Tarvarius
The Space Marines of the Storm Wings Chapter believe in embracing the burden of one's failure as a symbol of strength. This belief comes in form of a chain of thick, dark iron links.
Each link is crafted in the shape of two interlocking talons, like birds of prey bound in combat. The chain serves as a record of the Chapter failures. The talons bite into the skin of the neck so that no Battle-Brother will forget the failures of the Chapter.
The Storm Wings wear dim grey Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chestplate is red. The red squad specialty symbol on the right shoulder guard designates operational specialty -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran. A black Roman numeral is stenciled on the centre of the squad specialty symbol which indicates squad number. The colour of the shoulder plate trim indicates company number in accordance with the dictates of the Codex Astartes -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), Green (4th Company), etc.
The Storm Wings' Chapter badge is a red skull, facing forward, with red, lightning-like wings projecting from its sides. This is centred on a field of dim grey.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapter (Limited Edition Booklet)
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 30
- How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 89
- Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel Novem, pg. 104
- Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One, pg. 14
- Inferno! Volume 3, "The Weight of Silver" by Steven B. Fischer