Almost nothing is known about this Chapter in Imperial records save for its participation alongside its parent Chapter in the campaign known as the Blackfist Scalping.
Sharing their forefather's battle lust and aggressive style of lightning warfare, the Solar Hawks are notable for being aggressive and noble.
The Astartes of this Chapter embody all that is best in the sons of Jaghatai Khan and honour their progenitor by either painting a shoulder guard or gauntlet white.
- Blackfist Scalping (882.M41) - In 882.M41, the White Scars joined forces with two of their Successor Chapters -- the Solar Hawks and the Storm Lords -- to combat the Ork WAAAGH! Blackfist on the Agri-World of Lycelle. Competition between the three Chapters was fierce, with each trying to outdo the battlefield deeds of the others in the name of their Primarch Jaghatai Khan.
Deathwatch Librarians are selected primarily from members of three Space Marine Chapters -- the Blood Angels, the Blood Ravens and the Solar Hawks, due to the large numbers of psychically-gifted Battle-Brothers found among these Chapters.
The squad specialty symbol -- battleline, close support, fire support, Veteran or command -- is indicated on the right shoulder guard whilst the Chapter iconography is painted on the left shoulder guard.
Squad designation is indicated by a black High Gothic numeral stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, and the colour of the squad markings indicates the Astartes' company.
The Solar Hawks' Chapter badge is a red hawk's head wearing a black hood, centred on a field of white.
- Codex Adeptus Astartes - Deathwatch (8th Edition), pg. 31
- Codex Adeptus Astartes - Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 35
- Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition) (Revised Codex), pg. 41
- Codex: Space Marines (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), pg. 137
- Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 38