The Sin of Damnation was a notorious Space Hulk assaulted by the Blood Angels Chapter of Space Marines. In 996.M40 in the Secoris System the Blood Angels assaulted an unnamed Space Hulk. This campaign ultimately proved disastrous, with the Blood Angels facing an unending tide of Genestealers and finally retreating with only fifty Battle-Brothers surviving from their entire Chapter.
Six hundred Terran years later in 589.M41, the Blood Angels made a second assault on a Space Hulk, this time confirmed as the Sin of Damnation. Under the command of Blood Angels 1st Company Captain Michaelus Raphael, eighty Blood Angel Terminators slaughtered over 40,000 Genestealers and this time captured the Hulk for the Imperium.
- Codex Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels (8th Edition), "A Chronicle of Heroes", pp. 20, 51
- Space Hulk: Missions Book (3rd Edition), pp. 2-33, 42-45
- Space Hulk: Missions Book (2nd Edition), pp. 7-20
- Warhammer 40,000 Compilation (2nd Edition), pp. 88-115
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader (1st Edition), pg. 211
- White Dwarf 113 (UK), "Space Hulk" by Richard Halliwall, pp. 29-34
- Sin of Damnation (Novella) by Gav Thorpe
- Sanguinius Irae (Short Story) by Gav Thorpe
- Space Hulk (Board Game) (3rd Edition)