The Reaper Chainsword is a massive Chain Weapon that is used by the combat walkers of the Questor Imperialis, the Imperial Knights, and by the Renegade Knights of the Questor Traitoris. At three times the height of a man and backed by the mighty servo-motors of the Knight, the Reaper Chainsword's adamantium teeth are capable of tearing through flesh and bone like parchment, and can power through the thickest of armour and ferrocrete. The roar of the weapon's revving teeth alone is enough to cause weaker enemies to flee in terror. Knights armed with a Reaper Chainsword are capable of defeating monstrous xenos in a single strike, and have been known to even tear into the legs of enemy Titans, toppling them into broken ruin.
Due to the sheer diversity of Knight Worlds and Forge Worlds in the Imperium there exist a multitude of minor variants of the Reaper Chainsword, each different from the last in a number of distinct ways. The known variants include:
- Double-edged Reaper Chainsword - A rare variant of the Reaper Chainsword, this version's adamantium cutting teeth protrude from both sides of the blade, allowing the Knight to tear into enemy targets on its backstroke. This weapon resembles a more traditional double-edged Arming Sword, like those borne by the knights of Terran myth and legend.
- Chaos Reaper Chainsword - A variant of the Reaper Chainsword known to be used by the Renegade Knights of the Questor Traitoris, this weapon features a large bayonet-like blade at the tip of the Chainsword blade.
- Codex: Imperial Knights (7th Edition), pp. 16, 21, 24, 29-30, 115
- Warhammer 40,000: Index - Chaos (8th Edition), pg. 109
- Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (Video Game)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III (Video Game)
- Forge World Webstore - Chaos Knight