The Plasma Blastgun is among the largest Plasma Cannons in existence, usually mounted on the Astra Militarum's Stormblade super-heavy tanks and on the Adeptus Mechanicus' Titans. Plasma Blastguns are enormous double-barreled plasma weapons capable of two firing modes: a "full" shot, which discharges both barrels at the same time, and a "rapid" shot, which discharges the barrels independently.
A "full" shot is most effective against armoured targets, and the combined power of both plasma bolts is enough to tear apart any armour with ease. It also produces a large amount of splash damage, making it effective against infantry formations as well.
The "rapid" fire mode allows for a larger volume of shots to be fired more quickly, but at a reduction in strength and area effect. Rapid fire is more effective against fast-moving vehicles and large units of infantry, as the cool-down time is lessened considerably.
- Imperial Armour - Apocalypse Second Edition, pg. 20
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 99
- Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pp. 118-119
- The Horus Heresy Book - Three: Extermination (Imperial Armour), pg. 242
- Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse, pp. 124-125
- Priests of Mars (Novel) by Graham McNeill
- Forge World - Titans: Mars Pattern Plasma Blastgun