Often taking on the appearance of a small scarab-sized cylinder, a Phylactery is an inconspicuous charm that is actually a powerful Necron self-repair device worn only by the highest-ranked members of Necron royalty.
A Phylactery is filled with tiny, spider-like Nanoscarabs that will swarm over the Necron bearer's body and wounds at a command, or if he is severely damaged or destroyed.
The Nanoscarabs then proceed to reknit tears in his ravaged Necrodermis body; bolstering his own self-repair abilities so that he may continue to fight on. Phylacteries are only ever carried by Necron Lords and Necron Overlords.
- Black Crusade: The Tome of Fate (RPG), pg. 119
- Codex: Necrons (3rd Edition), pg. 15
- Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pg. 82
- Codex: Necrons (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), pg. 209
- Deathwatch: The Outer Reach (RPG), pg. 121