An Ocean World is not an official Imperial planetological classification, but is a term in common usage among Imperial citizens for those planets whose environments are a single, globe-straddling ocean across their entire surfaces, with perhaps only a few small archipelagos of islands serving as the only land masses.
Since the term "Ocean World" is not an official Imperial classification of the Administratum but simply a label used to describe the planet's predominant environmental feature, most Ocean Worlds that have been settled by Mankind are officially classified as Civilised Worlds, Feral Worlds or even Death Worlds if the environmental conditions or extant marine biosphere are hostile enough to human life.
Ocean Worlds often produce hardy peoples superbly adapted to combat in marine environments and so become prime recruiting grounds for the Astra Militarum when it needs regiments for amphibious or underwater operations.
Notable Ocean Worlds
|Eleusis||Segmentum Ultima||Jericho Reach||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Isla'su||Ultima Segmentum||Eastern Fringe||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Ithaka||Segmentum Obscurus||Reef Stars||Unknown||Ithaka System||Unknown|
|Kvariam Alpha||Segmentum Ultima||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Mackensee||Segmentum Ultima||Jericho Reach||Unknown||Mackensee System||Unknown|
|Manuxet||Segmentum Ultima||Jericho Reach||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Pearl Moon||Segmentum Obscurus||Calixis Sector||Markayn Marches||Karrik System||3.5 million (humans and Abhumans)|
|Sapiencia||Segmentum Pacificus||Sabbat Worlds||Rimward Marginals||Sapiencia||10,000+ (Estimated)|
|Spectoris||Segmentum Obscurus||Calixis Sector||Drusus Marches||Unknown||2,000,000|
|Tabius Rasa||Segmentum Ultima||Jericho Reach||Unknown||Tabius Rasa System||Unknown|
|Tyran (destroyed by Hive Fleet Behemoth in 745.M41)||Eastern Fringe (Ultima Segmentum)||Unknown||Unknown||Tyran System||N/A|
|Wrath||Segmentum Ultima||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||108 Million (Estimated)|
- Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition), pg. 20
- Codex: Tau Empire (6th Edition) pg. 13
- Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pp. 8-9
- Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition), pg. 14
- Dark Heresy: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 326
- Inferno! 29, "Crimson Storm" by Dan Abnett
- Tactica Imperialis - A History of the Later Imperial Crusades (Background Book) by Dan Abnett, pg. 12
- The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Background Book) by Dan Abnett
- Warhammer Monthly (Comic), "Ophidium"
- Warhammer Monthly (Comic), "Regicide"
- Fulgrim (Novel) by Graham McNeill
- Brothers of the Snake (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- Eye of Terror (Novel) by Barrington J. Bayley
- Ghostmaker (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- Dead In The Water (Audio Drama) by Sandy Mitchell
- Hunter's Moon (Audio Drama) by Huy Haley
- Dawn of War - Dark Crusade - Fury Island (Map) (PC Game)
|General||Dead World • Death World • Desert World • Ice World • Jungle World • Ocean World|
|Imperium||Adeptus Astartes Homeworld • Agri-World • Armoury World • Cardinal World • Cemetery World • Civilised World • Feral World • Feudal World • Forbidden World • Forge World • Fortress World • Frontier World • Hive World • Industrial World • Knight World • Mining World • Pleasure World • Penal World • Quarry World • Research Station • Sentinel World • Shrine World|
|Xenos||Craftworld • Crone World • Exodite World • Maiden World • Ork World • T'au Sept • Sept World • Tomb World • Xenos World|