Individuals that have earned the Mark of Khorne are marked by the Blood God, either as a physical mark emblazoned on a prominent part of their body or a more secretive but no less permanent mark upon one's soul.
While the sigil if physically present causes no actual damage to the bearer, it continually weeps blood. These marked individuals are constantly driven to spill additional blood for their dark patron.
When given this mark, the wearer is imbued with Khorne's battle rage, becoming utterly merciless in close combat while losing any sense of fear or restraint.
Khorne does not actually care about his Chaos Champions, all that matters is that blood is spilled, and from whence the blood flows is of no concern.
The barbaric rune is often branded or carved onto its bearer, only adding to the cruelty of Khorne's followers.
- Black Crusade: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 82
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 30
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 25
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, Revised Codex), pg. 59
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 1st Codex), pg. 29
- Codex: Chaos (2nd Edition), pg. 27
- Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1st Edition), pg. 41