The Libators is a Codex Astartes-compliant Space Marine Chapter and a Second Founding Successor Chapter of the Ultramarines. The Libators are amongst the more brutal and uncompromising of the scions of Roboute Guilliman.
The Chapter has faced censure on several occasions for its treatment of captive enemy commanders and champions, who, in the Libators' eyes, make for the worthiest offerings.
- The Karthago Crusade (914.M41 - Present) - Following the wholesale destruction of its armies during the Badab War, the Karthago Sector was severely weakened and unable to fend off the rampaging Orks that had assaulted it. To bring stability to the region, a new Imperial Crusade was called, the Karthago Crusade that would rage for more than a standard century. The Libators sent three of their Battle Companies to support a full-fledged Crusade of Black Templars and the 5th Battle Company of the Star Phantoms Chapter.
- The Plague Wars (ca. 999.M41 - ca. 111.M42) - During the Plague Wars of Ultramar, the Libators sent 2 companies to aid their progenitors the Ultramarines in their defence against the servants of Nurgle.
The blue squad symbol -- battleline, close support, fire support, Veteran or command -- on the right shoulder guard designates tactical specialty.
A white Low Gothic numeral is stenciled in black in the centre of it, indicating squad number.
The Libators' Chapter badge is a blue chalice centred on a field of yellow.
A yellow, inverted Greek Omega letter is superimposed in the centre of the chalice, which is intended to display the Libators' common heritage with their Progenitors, the Ultramarines.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet) (7th Edition)
- Chapter Approved 2001 - Second Book of the Astronomican, pg. 117
- Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition) (Revised Codex), pg. 27
- Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 141
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 8
- Imperial Armour Aeronautica, pg. 82
- Wargammer 40,000: Rulebook (8th Edition), pp. 158-159