The Libators is a Codex Astartes-compliant Space Marine Chapter and a Second Founding Successor Chapter of the Ultramarines. The Libators are amongst the more brutal and uncompromising of the scions of Roboute Guilliman.
The Chapter has faced censure on several occasions for its treatment of captive enemy commanders and champions, who, in the Libators' eyes, make for the worthiest offerings.
- Karthago Crusade (914.M41 - Present) - Following the wholesale destruction of its armies during the Badab War, the Karthago Sector was severely weakened and unable to fend off the rampaging Orks that had assaulted it. To bring stability to the region, a new Imperial Crusade was called, the Karthago Crusade that would rage for more than a standard century. The Libators sent three of their Battle Companies to support a full-fledged Crusade of Black Templars and the 5th Battle Company of the Star Phantoms Chapter.
- Third War for Damnos (Unknown Date.M42) - The Third War for Damnos began when an invasion force of the Necron Szarekhan Dynasty descended upon Damnos during the Era Indomitus. The world sent out a plea for aid once more to the Ultramarines, who at that time were engaged in a number of major conflicts of the era, including the Indomitus Crusade, the Plague Wars and the War of Beasts. With most of their strength utilised elsewhere, the Chapter had few Astartes to spare to help the besieged world. Nonetheless, the Chapter had given too much previously in Damnos' defence to abandon it and a small strike force of Ultramarines and several regiments of the Ultramar Auxilia were sent to aid it. The Chapter knew that the forces that had been deployed to Damnos would be insufficient to defeat the Necrons and so requested aid from their allies in different Chapters. Their requests were answered and when the Ultramarines arrived at Damnos they were joined by contingents from several Successor Chapters, including the Iron Hounds, Brazen Consuls and Libators. The combined might of these Adeptus Astartes, however, was not enough to defeat the invading Szarekhan Dynasty, whose forces were numberless. This was due to the undying xenos arriving in their thousands by Tomb Ships and through a Dolmen Gate to ensure they reconquered Damnos. When the Mandeville Point for the Damnos System once again flared as it opened to the Warp, the Ultramarines feared that another foe was about to join conflict, but instead it marked the arrival of reinforcements sent by the Salamanders and White Scars Chapters. They had received the Ultramarines' request for aid and proceeded to join the battle to retake Damnos once more for the Emperor from the Szarekhan Dynasty.
- Plague Wars (ca. 999.M41 - ca. 111.M42) - During the Plague Wars of Ultramar, the Libators sent 2 companies to aid their progenitors the Ultramarines in their defence against the servants of Nurgle.
- Tacitun Paxor - Brother Paxor was an Inceptor of the Libators 8th Company, 4th Squad. He was awarded the Imperial Laurel for saving the lives of over three hundred Damnosian citizens in a single solar day during the Third War for Damnos.
- Sylas - Sylas was a Primaris Marine battle-brother who served in the Libators' 5th Company, 2nd Squad.
A white Low Gothic numeral is stenciled in black in the centre of it, indicating squad number.
The Libators' Chapter badge is a blue chalice centred on a field of yellow.
A yellow, inverted Greek Omega letter is superimposed in the centre of the chalice, which is intended to display the Libators' common heritage with their Progenitors, the Ultramarines.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet) (7th Edition)
- Chapter Approved 2001 - Second Book of the Astronomican, pg. 117
- Codex: Space Marines (9th Edition), pp. 46, 58-59
- Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition) (Revised Codex), pg. 27
- Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 141
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 8
- Imperial Armour Aeronautica, pg. 82
- Wargammer 40,000: Rulebook (8th Edition), pp. 158-159