The Legio Ferrax is best known for its involvement in the Battle of Columnus where they successfully repelled a xenos assault on their homeworld.
- Battle of Columnus (249.M41) - When their homeworld is invaded by the Orks of WAAAGH! Zagdakka, the Iron Wolves muster their entire strength -- some 30 god-engines of varying classes -- in defence of Columnus' principal forge-fanes. With the tacit approval of Columnus' ruling Magi, the Titans operated in close cooperation with a large contingent of Iron Hands Space Marines from Clan Raukaan who favoured the strict defence of Columnus' three principal cities: Kemlos, Urdri and Slartar. Faced with the unprecedented greenskin coordination and psychic might of the WeirdWAAAGH!, the Iron Hands do not deviate from their early battle-plan and refuse to support the fighting retreat mounted by Shadow Captain Stenn and his company of Raven Guard. Disobeying orders, two of the Legion's god-engines, Dictat Ferrum and Sanctus Absolom, joined the offensive and were subsequently lost when Zagdakka's Weirdboyz unleashed their psychic abilities. Even when Urdri's walls fell the Iron Hands did not engage the oncoming Orks before the last Raven Guard Astartes had been slain, using their fellow Astartes to blunt the enemy's assault before unleashing their own devastating and precise firepower. Zagdakka and his retinue were annihilated by the Iron Hands' assault. With Zagdakka's death, the cohesion of his WAAAGH! was broken and the remaining Orks were exterminated by the combined efforts of the Iron Hands, the Legio Ferrax and Columnus' vast armies of Skitarii. Wounded but ultimately victorious, the Legio Ferrax nevertheless shared the shame of Iron Father Kristos' questionable decisions.
- Dictat Ferrum - One of the two Reaver-class Titans that followed Shadow Captain Stenn in carrying out delaying actions against the horde of Orks that invaded the Forge World of Colomnus. While covering the retreat of several Imperial tanks and troop-carriers, the Dictat Ferrum was brought low by a powerful sorcerous blast of green psychic energy attributed to one of the WAAAGH!'s many Weirdboyz.
- Sanctus Absolum - Twin to the Dictat Ferrum, the Sanctus Absolum was also lost covering the retreat of Shadow Captain Stenn when the destroyed Dictat Ferrum toppled its fellow Reaver and caused both God-engines to fall from the raised macro-highways of Columnus onto the plain below.
The colours of the Legio Ferrax are currently unknown.
The Legio Ferrax's badge is not listed in current Imperial records.
- Clan Raukaan - A Codex: Space Marines Supplement (Digital Edition) (6th Edition), pp. 41-51
- The Eye of Medusa (Novel) by David Guymer, pg. 207