The Kharybdis Storm Launcher is a rapid-firing missile launcher system that was used on Kharybdis Assault Claws once used by the Space Marine Legions during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy eras of the late 30th and early 31st Millennia. This weapon system was designed to provide the Kharybdis with some measure of ranged striking power as it closes with its target and to clear landing zones around the Kharybdis once it lands.
The weapon worked by throwing nearby enemy resistance into total disarray by firing clusters of fragmentation and anti-armour ordanance as the warriors on board disembarked. The Kharybdis was armed with five of these launchers, one covering a portion of the machine's outer diameter. Each Storm Launcher was controlled independently by the assault craft's on-board Augury-array, allowing accurate fire-control even when tasked with striking multiple individual targets.
- The Horus Heresy: Book Three - Extermination (Forge World Series) by Alan Bligh, pg. 237
- The Horus Heresy: Book Six - Retribution (Forge World Series) by Alan Bligh, pg. 145
- The Horus Heresy: Legiones Astartes - Crusade Army List, pg. 63
- The Horus Heresy: Legiones Astartes - Age of Darkness Army List, pg. 75
- Imperial Armour: Volume 13 - Warmachines of the Lost and the Damned, pg. 96
- Forge World Website - Experimental Rules (No Longer Available)