The Ironstorm Missile Pod is a Missile Launcher system used by the combat walkers of the Questor Imperialis, the Imperial Knights, and by the Renegade Knights of the Questor Traitoris. The Ironstorm Missile Pod is mounted on the Knight's chassis, on the uppermost part of its carapace.
The weapon is used to engage enemy targets at long range, firing missiles with high explosive warheads that can saturate a sizable area. This missile pod is used to blast bloody holes in massed infantry advances, but is most effective against light-to-medium armoured vehicles.
- Ironstorm with Six Missile Tubes - The standard variant of the Ironstorm Missile Pod, this version features six missile tubes.
- Ironstorm with Four Missile Tubes - An uncommon variant of the Ironstorm Missile Pod, this version features four missile tubes, holding less ammunition than the standard variant.
- Ironstorm with Two Missile Tubes - A rare variant of the Ironstorm Missile Pod, this version features only two missile tubes, holding a great deal less ammunition than the standard variant.
- Porphyrion Ironstorm Missile Pod - A large variant of the Ironstorm Missile Pod that is used by the Acastus Knight Porphyrion. This version is much larger than the standard, featuring sixteen missile tubes, along with the ability to be raised and lowered into the Porphyrion's upper carapace. This version of the Ironstorm Missile Pod can also be outfitted with Helios Defence Missiles, which are used to defend the massive Knight from enemy aircraft.
- Codex: Imperial Knights (7th Edition), pp. 16, 19, 29, 115
- The Horus Heresy - Book Seven: Inferno (Forge World) by Alan Bligh, pp. 296-297
- Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum (8th Edition), pg. 95
- Warhammer 40,000: Index - Chaos (8th Edition), pp. 63, 109
- Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade (Video Game)
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III (Video Game)