The Iron Hawks are blessed with pure and complete gene-seed, though they're currently recovering from heavy losses after a particularly long and gruelling campaign.
- Bloodswarm Crusade (936.M41) - The Bloodswarm Crusade was brought to a successful conclusion by the Iron Hawks and White Scars Chapters.
- Bloodplague Crusade (995.M41) - The Iron Hawks and Salamanders united to defeat the daemon legions of Khora'arr'seth, slaying the creature on the corrupted Shrine World of Lamath's Hope. The Salamanders withdrew after cleansing the entire world by fire.
Notable Iron Hawks
- Techmarine Chiron - Chiron pilots an Iron Hawks Stormraven assisted by a servitor and former Chapter aspirant Sigma-IX, who mans the aircraft's guns.
The Iron Hawks primarily wear metallic dark grey power armour. The pauldrons are black, while the shoulder plate trim is metallic dark grey. Most strikingly, the helm's faceplate is stark white.
A white Low Gothic numeral is stenciled on the centre of the squad specialty symbol, which indicates squad number.
The colour of the Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard indicates company number in accordance with the Codex Astartes -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), Green (4th Company), etc.
The Iron Hawks' Chapter badge is a white profile of a stylised hawk's head on a field of black.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pp. 38, 59
- Codex: Space Marines (9th Edition), "Adeptus Astartes at War," pp. 10-11
- Warhammer Visions 8, pp. 186-187 (Stormraven picture)
- Warhammer Community - Successor Showcase: Hawks, Knights and Pointy Sticks!