The T'au Earth Caste is primarily made up of farmers, labourers, and technicians responsible for building the machines, cultivating the food, and erecting the dwellings that allow the T'au to survive.
The Earth Caste also includes all of the T'au's artisans, scientists, and engineers.
The T'au of the Earth Caste are stouter of build than the normal T'au phenotype, and tend to have calloused hands and a pragmatic outlook on life.
Their speech is very literal and matter of fact, often appearing to be quite monotonous to those not of their caste.
Those destined to become the Earth Caste built cities and fortresses of stone to defend themselves against the neighboring tribes of the plains dwellers, who would become the Fire Caste.
Notable Earth Caste Members
- O'Vesa - O'Vesa is a battlesuit pilot and member of The Eight, Commander Farsight's elite team. He is fact not a shas'vre at all, but an old Earth Caste colleague of Farsight kept alive by microdrones of his own invention. He pilots a modified XV104 Riptide Battlesuit. He fought with Farsight during the Arkunasha War. O'Vesa joined with Farsight after the Damocles Crusade and now supports his rule in the Farsight Enclaves.
- Blades of Damocles (Novel) by Phil Kelly, Ch. 17
- Codex: Tau Empire (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), "The Castes"
- Codex: Tau Empire (6th Edition), pp. 8-12
- Farsight Enclaves - A Codex: Tau Empire Supplement (6th Edition) (Digital Edition), pp. 95-96
- Warhammer 40,000: Conquest (Living Card Game) (T'au technician picture)