A Dozer Blade is a type of wargear commonly found on many vehicles of the Imperium of Man and those used by the Forces of Chaos, specifically the Chaos Space Marines and the Lost and the Damned. Dozer Blades come in many different shapes and sizes, such as heavy ploughs, blades, rams, or scoops. These blades are attached to the front of a vehicle and are used to clear obstacles from the vehicle's path and provide an additional layer of protection from enemy fire.
Dozer Blades are used to help vehicles make their way though terrain that would normally be inaccessible to them, such as ruins. These blades push aside rubble and dangerous objects such as tank traps and barbed wire. Most types of Dozer Blades are intended for mine-clearing duty, and there exist special types specifically suited to that task.
There are several types of special-use Dozer Blades, such as the massive Siege Shields employed by the Adeptus Astartes and the minefield clearing Mine Sweepers preferred by the Astra Militarum. Most Dozer Blades are affixed to the front of a vehicle via a heavy metal push beam with hydraulic arms to lift and lower the blade.
- Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (7th Edition), pg. 98
- Codex: Space Marines (7th Edition) - Space Marine Vehicle Equipment
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 103
- Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 25
- Codex: Genestealer Cults (7th Edition), pg. 163
- Codex: Astra Militarum (6th Edition) - Glossary
- Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 70
- Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pg. 60
- Codex: Blood Angels (4th Edition), pg. 5
- Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), pg. 55
- Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pg. 61
- Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, Second Codex), pg. 36
- Codex: Daemonhunters (3rd Edition), pg. 19
- Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition), pg. 23
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pg. 20
- Warhammer 40,000: Wargear (4th Edition), pg. 34
- Forge World Webstore - Rhino Dozer Blade