The Chogoris System is an Imperial star system located at coordinates MX/46359//m/AE (Location: Stellar Grid 183-SPN/JN-32) in the Yasan Sector of the Ultima Segmentum near the Warp rift known as the Maelstrom.
The bulk of the White Scars Chapter was deployed to other conflicts across the galaxy. The Chaos forces succeeded in occupying several systems within the sector and nearly overwhelming the White Scars garrison left on Chogoris itself.
While the White Scars were able to rally their forces and successfully threw back the Red Corsairs' assault on their fortress-monastery of Quan Zhou, only the ebbing of the Noctis Aeterna and the subsequent loss of their daemonic allies as a result convinced the Red Corsairs to withdraw from Chogoris and pursue the destruction of the White Scars at a later date.
The Heretics are currently using these footholds in the Yasan Sector to continue to launch new attacks upon the White Scars' homeworld.
The Chogoris System's worlds in order of their distance from the system's star include:
- Chogoris (Feudal World / Space Marine Chapter Homeworld) - Chogoris, officially known in Imperial records as Mundus Planus, is the Chapter world of the White Scars Space Marines. Its people are pre-industrial and the world is dominated by the nomadic horse tribes of the great plains known as the "Empty Quarter" who serve as the primary recruiting source for the White Scars. Chogoris is the primary and most populous world of the star system named after it.
- Khalotus Aleph (Death World)
- Shovith (Chaos Tainted World) - Shovith has been declared Perditum Extremis by the Imperium as it is now occupied by the Chaos forces of the Red Corsairs.
- Thanadus (Hive World)
- Rastorphin (Dead World)
- Codex Supplement: White Scars (8th Edition), pp. 8-9
- The Horus Heresy - Book Eight: Malevolence (Forge World Series) by Neil Wylie and Anuj Malhotra, pg. 139