The Brothers of the Red is a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter and a Successor Chapter of the Blood Angels created during an unknown Founding. Almost nothing is known about this Chapter in Imperial records. Created as they were from the Blood Angels' gene-seed, they too carry the genetic flaws inherited from Sanguinius.
The Brothers of the Red were once thought to have been fatally undone by the Black Rage. Whether the Chapter unexpectedly survived the Flaw or was rebuilt in the wake of its destruction is unknown, but the Brothers of the Red were among the many Successor Chapters that sent their forces to defend Baal from an invasion by Hive Fleet Leviathan in 999.M41.
- Devastation of Baal (ca. 999.M41) - When the Blood Angels Chapter sent out a call for all of the Successors of Sanguinius to aid them in defending the Primarch's homeworld of Baal from a full assault by the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Leviathan, the Brothers of the Red were among the Successor Chapters that deployed forces. The extent of the Chapter's contributions and what befell them during the campaign are not recorded.
Notable Brothers of the Red
- Captain Dammanes - Dammanes was the Captain of the Brothers of the Red's 7th Company, which was deployed to defend Baal.
- Librarian Laertamos - Laertamos was a Codicier of the Brothers of the Red who aided in the defence of Baal from the Leviathan.
The Brothers of the Red's Chapter colours are not listed in current Imperial records.
The Brothers of the Red's Chapter badge is not listed in current Imperial records.
- Death of Integrity (Novel) by Guy Haley, pg. 105
- The Devastation of Baal (Novel) by Guy Haley, Ch. 10