Attack Craft is a catch-all term used for the small spacecraft and aircraft that are deployed from larger starships' launch bays in support of naval warfleets during combat operations. They are divided into three general categories depending on their size and role:
- Fighters are the smallest Attack Craft, using their speed and firepower to intercept and destroy enemy Attack Craft and ordnance.
- Bombers are lumbering spacecraft that lack the speed of fighters, but carry enough firepower to threaten capital ships.
- Assault Boats are small, spaceborne transports designed to pierce the hull of an enemy starship and desposit a squad of soldiers for a quick hit-and-run attack.
Imperial Attack Craft
- Fury Interceptor
- Starhawk Bomber
- Shark Assault Boat
- Marauder Bomber
- Lightning Air Superiority Fighter
- Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter
- Valkyrie Airborne Assault Carrier
- Vulture Gunship
- Aquila Lander
- Arvus Lighter
Chaos Attack Craft
- Swiftdeath Fighter
- Doomfire Bomber
- Hell Blade
- Hell Talon
- Dreadclaw Assault Boat
- Harbinger Super-Heavy Bomber
Dark Eldar Attack Craft
Eldar Attack Craft
Necron Attack Craft
No Necron Attack Craft have been encountered by the Imperium to date.
Ork Attack Craft
Tau Empire Attack Craft
Tyranid Attack Craft
The Tyranids use a wide variety of organisms that are roughly equivalent to fighters and assault boats, but their vast diversity defies categorization into distinct classes.
- Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook: Ships of the Gothic Sector
- Battlefleet Gothic Armada: Vessels of the Imperium
- Battlefleet Gothic Armada: Xenos Fleets
- Battlefleet Gothic Armada: Necron and Tyranid Fleets
- Battlefleet Gothic Armada: Tau Fleets
- Imperial Armour Volume Three - The Taros Campaign