- Third War for Armageddon (998.M41) - The Angels of Fire committed seven companies of Space Marines to the Third War for Armageddon to stop the predations of the infamous Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, who led the largest Ork WAAAGH! ever seen in the Imperium's history.
Notable Angels of Fire
- Captain Amaras - Amaras was the Force Commander of the Angels of Fire contingent which took part in the Third War for Armageddon. During the early stages of the campaign he found himself at odds with both Commissar Sebastian Yarrick and Chaplain Merek Grimaldus of the Black Templars about whether or not Imperial forces should defend Hive Hades.
The Angels of Fire wear red Power Armour, decorated with stylised orange flames. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest is golden. The yellow squad specialty symbol (Tactical, Assault, Devastator or Veteran) is inscribed on the right knee guard. A black Roman numeral centred in the middle of the squad specialty symbol indicates squad number. The colour of the left shoulder guard indicates company number in accordance with the Codex -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), etc.
The Angels of Fire's Chapter badge is a black ball of flame flanked by two orange black wings. This is centred on a field of golden orange.
- Codex: Armageddon (3rd Edition), pg. 32
- White Dwarf 250, (UK) "Index Astartes: Emperor's Shield," pg. 24
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet), pg. 7
- Helsreach (Novel) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, pp. 37-43