The Angels Excelsis was a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter and a Successor Chapter of the Blood Angels, created during an unknown Founding of the 36th Millennium. Almost nothing is known about this Chapter in Imperial records other than that the Angels Excelsis were destroyed to the last Astartes during the Devastation of Baal in 999.M41. Created as they were from the Blood Angels' gene-seed, the Angels Excelsis carried the genetic Flaw inherited from Sanguinius.
- Devastation of Baal (ca. 999.M41) - The Chapter took part in the defence of Baal along with several other Successors of the Blood Angels during the Devastation of Baal but was ultimately destroyed by the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Leviathan.
Notable Angels Excelsis
- Lord Follordark - Lord Follordark was the last known Chapter Master of the Angels Excelsis Chapter.
- Captain Erwin - Captain Erwin was the commander of the Chapter's 2nd Company prior to the Devastation of Baal and was the commander of the Strike Cruiser Splendid Pinion. He and the rest of his Chapter were killed during the void battle phase of the Devastation of Baal.
- Essence Eternal (Battle Barge) - The Essence Eternal was a Battle Barge of the Angels Excelsis that served as the flagship of the Chapter. During the Devastation of Baal it was destroyed by the bio-ships of Hive Fleet Leviathan.
- The Splendid Pinion (Strike Cruiser) - The Splendid Pinion was the Strike Cruiser assigned to the Angels Excelsis' 2nd Company and was part of the force sent to assist the Blood Angels during the Devastation of Baal. The Splendid Pinion was destroyed during the void battle that engulfed Baal.
The Angels Excelsis' Power Armour was white and red.
The Angels Excelsis' Chapter badge was a winged axe.
- The Devastation of Baal (Novel) by Guy Haley, pp. 35-49, 73-104, 119-113, 171, 203-211, 264-266, 271-276