The Acheron-Pattern Flame Cannon or simply the Acheron Flame Cannon is a massive Flamer Weapon that is used by the combat walkers of the Questor Imperialis, the Imperial Knights, and by the Renegade Knights of the Questor Traitoris. This Flame Cannon is deployed solely by the ancient Cerastus Knight-Acheron.
Usually carried on the Knight's left arm, the Acheron-Pattern Flame Cannon is employed as a weapon of extermination and to inspire fear in the foe. Nothing will sway the attack of a Knight-Acheron until the enemy is utterly crushed, never to rise again from the flame-scoured ruins of their strongholds.
Due to the inherited memories of uncounted massacres and slaughters, the anima of a Cerastus Knight-Acheron's Machine Spirit (artificial intelligence) is one of a tortured soul that relishes the carnage it wreaks on the field of battle. The Acheron-Pattern Flame Cannon contains two Flamer units, each fueled by a large promethium tank on the Knight's back, and connected to the weapon by an armoured fuel line.
- The Horus Heresy - Book Four: Conquest (Forge World Series) by Alan Bligh, pg. 307
- The Horus Heresy - Book Five: Tempest (Forge World Series) by Alan Bligh, pg. 128
- Imperial Armour Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum (8th Edition), pg. 96
- Imperial Armour Index: Forces of Chaos (8th Edition), pg. 58
- Forge World Webstore - Cerastus Knight Acheron