|El Adepto Sabiondus, mascota del Adeptus Mechanicus, protege este saber; pues es parte del Omnissiah. Pulsa sobre él para aprender más sobre los adoradores del Dios Máquina.
El Omnissiah sabe todo, comprende todo. Tus visitas honran al Dios Máquina.
|Gygabi'tha, cronista de las Dinastías, ha despertado tras eones de sueño para rescatar sus arcanos archivos. Pulsa sobre ella y te guiará por la laberíntica historia de los Necrones.
Tus visitas honran a la Triarca
|El Bibliotecario Jefe Aresius Keltar declara este artículo En Proceso de Traducción.
Si no está reservado y deseas colaborar, acude al Boletín desde el Librarium de Traducción y pídelo. Si está reservado no lo edites sin permiso del traductor.
Y recuerda siempre: usar traductores automáticos está prohibido
- "El Demonio vino a por nosotros al puente. La carne y el metal corrían como el agua a su alrededor y el Demonio reía. Hubo un momento que estuve convencido de que iba a morir. Un instante después, Danton entró al puente desde el ascensor principal. Miró al Demonio y dio un solo paso al frente. Ese único paso fue como si el mundo se reordenase y la realidad se restaurase. El Demonio gruñó... y después dio un paso atrás."
- —Timonel Cathur del Triunfo de San Drusus
Un Blanco psíquico, también conocido como un Intocable y un Paria, es un humano quién posee el raro Gen Paria que hacen que no genere presencia en la Disformidad, así dejándolos esencialmente sin alma. Conocidos también como "Almas Negras", "Nulidades Psíquicas" y los "Sin Alma", un Blanco es un anatema viviente para todos los psíquicos, independientemente de la especie. Un Blanco es la antítesis directa de las fuerzas del Caos como él o ella no poseen presencia dentro de la Disformidad, y así irradia una sensación de "engaño" antinatural lo que hace que otras vidas, de criaturas inteligentes estén extremadamente incómodas e intranquilas en su presencia. La proximidad de un Blanco a alguien quien posee siquiera un mínimo de capacidad psíquica puede ser bastante doloroso o incluso letal, especialmente o sumamente seres psíquicamente sensibles tanto como los Eldar. En la actualidad se cree junto a el Adeptus Mechanicus que el Gen Paria fue diseñado deliberadamente en los genomas de los antepasados de la humanidad por los Necrones millones de años estándar durante la Guerra en el Cielo. Los Blancos hoy son más a menudo usados por el Templo Culexus del Officio Assassinorum y como Acólitos por Inquisidores del Ordo Hereticus que encuentran que sean útiles escudos y armas contra las brujas y psíquicos no autorizados. En la Escala Psíquica comúnmente empleados por el Adeptus Astra Telepática, los Blancos ocupan los niveles más bajos, desde el Phi-plus al nivel Omega-menos extraordinariamente raro.
An Untouchable is non-psychic, for they bear the Pariah Gene, which severs the bearer's mind completely from the Warp, effectively making them both soulless and immune to all forms of psychic assault. Their minds are also unreadable by any known means of telepathy. The bearers of the Pariah Gene possess the innate ability to disrupt psychic abilities -- they are "perceived" by psykers as a completely unnatural "hole" in the reality of the Immaterium. Their mere presence is thus intolerable to a psyker. Even in humans and aliens categorised as Level Sigma and below in psychic ability, Blanks cause unbidden discomfort and hostility. Close proximity or intimate contact with a Blank can cause a psyker excruciating pain. The Soulless are very rare in the galaxy since perhaps only one person on an entire world will be a carrier of the gene in every human generation. There are no known instances of Blanks existing amongst the nonhuman races of the galaxy. Pariahs are often used by the Inquisition and the Ordo Hereticus against witches and Renegade psykers. However, most Pariahs do not live long as the feelings of hatred and distaste they generate among even non-psychic individuals means they have few friends and many enemies.
The most well-known examples of the use of Blanks by the Imperium of Man was the existence of the mysterious all-female order of Witch Hunters known as the Sisters of Silence. During the Great Crusade era in the early 31st Millennium, their purpose was to hunt and kill rogue human psykers whose activities presented a terrible danger to the people of the newborn Imperium. Also known as the Silent Sisterhood and the Witchseekers, they were the militant arm of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica and were referred to internally within the records of the Council of Terra (predecessor to the Adeptus Terra and the Senatorum Imperialis) as the Departmento Investigates. The ultimate fate of the Sisters of Silence is not found in Imperial records, and no references to their continued existence in the era of the 41st Millennium exists. It is believed that they were either destroyed long ago or were ultimately folded into the organisation of the Imperial Inquisition. The Sisters of Silence's primary base of operations was the Somnus Citadel on Luna, the moon of Terra.
These warrior-investigators were tasked with the apprehension of untrained psykers, often colloquially referred to on primitive human worlds as "witches," whose abilities sometimes manifested in ways that could be very dangerous to their fellow human beings, particularly if they became hosts for the foul entities of the Warp. The Sisters operated the Adeptus Astra Telepathica’s infamous Black Ships, which ranged the galaxy following behind the Great Crusade's Expeditionary Fleets in search of rogue psykers to capture or expunge, seeking to collect and carry them back to Terra where they would be tested and their eventual fate decided. Though few in number, the Sisters of Silence commanded great respect within the Imperium and most servants of the Emperor regarded them with some awe. Few would willingly stand in their way or interfere with their activities and few indeed were those who were comfortable in their presence. It is hardly surprising that Blanks are often treated like outcasts or lepers in Imperial society, rejected by their parents and banished from their homeworld's local settlements. Local superstitions on many worlds often warn about touching them, saying that to do so would bring bad luck. Resigned to their fate, many Blanks lead simple, solitary existences, as far away from heavily populated areas as possible.
Another well known instance of Untouchables used by the Imperium are the Culexus Assassins of the Officio Assassinorum's Culexus Temple. The Assassins of this temple have been described by Eldar Warlocks as being nothing short of the embodiment of pure evil. Even amongst the upper echelons of the Officio Assassinorum this temple is always viewed with extreme caution. The reason for this is not because of the way that the Culexus Assassins carry out their operations, or the heinous methods of killing they employ. It is because of the very nature of the Culexus Assassins themselves. This extremely rare genetic defect occurs for no known reason in less than one in a billion individuals. However, in recent years evidence has emerged that the Pariah Gene was engineered into Mankind's ancestors million of years ago by the C'tan and their Necron servants so that humanity might be used as a weapon against the psychic species like the Eldar and the Orks that the Old Ones had created to defeat the C'tan. It is for this reason that the Necrons capture human Blanks with the Pariah Gene and transform them into the hideous Necron Pariahs. All psykers and intrinsically psychic species like the Eldar consider a being like a Culexus Assassin to be an absolute abomination. Even monstrosities such as a Tyranid Hive Tyrant can balk at the prospect of being permanently severed from their psychic abilities and the Hive Mind. The Culexus Assassin causes absolute terror in all psykers -- which is why they are so useful to the Imperium.
Nacimiento del Templo Culexus
Cuando las Hermanas del Silencio capturaron y transportaron de vuelta a Terra a gran numero de Intocables por primera vez durante la Gran Cruzada, la Humanidad tuvo su primera perturbadora revelación del potencial de estos extraños mutantes. Mientras mas grupos de Parias eran llevados a Terra, empezaron a proyectar una sombra en la Disformidad, bloqueando incluso el Astronomicon, el vital faro psíquico usado para guiar a las naves espaciales a las alejadas fronteras del Imperio.
When the Sisters of Silence first captured and transported large numbers of Untouchables back to Terra during the Great Crusade, humanity had its first disturbing revelation of the potency of these strange mutants. As large groups of Pariahs were brought to Terra, they began to cast a shadow in the Warp, blocking out the Astronomican, the vital psychic beacon used to guide starships to the far reaches of the Imperium.
Otras ramas dentro el Imperio de la Humanidad, especialmente aquellas que dependen del uso de psíquicos, se horrorizaron ante la existencia de los Parias. Varios miembros del Consejo de Terra pidieron que los Parias fueran declarados proscritos, al igual que cualquier otro mutante peligroso -- delegando la tarea a las Hermanas del Silencio de la total exterminación de cualquier Nulidad que encuentren, al igual que eliminaban psíquicos renegados que presentaban una amenaza a la humanidad. Un numero de miembros del Consejo de Terra, incluido el Enviado Paternoval del Navis Nobilite presionaron al Emperador de la Humanidad emitir un decreto oficial para librar al Imperio de estos mutantes "anti-psíquicos" que amenazaban la misma existencia de sus respectivas Adeptas.
Other branches within the Imperium of Man, especially those that relied upon the abilities of psykers, were horrified by the existence of Pariahs. Several members of the Council of Terra sought to have Pariahs outlawed outright like other dangerous mutants -- tasking the Sisters of Silence with the ruthless extermination of any more Blanks that were found just as they eliminated Renegade psykers who presented a threat to humanity. A number of members of the Council of Terra, including the Paternal Envoy of the Navis Nobilite, were pushing the Emperor of Mankind to issue an official decree to rid the Imperium of the "anti-psyker" mutants that threatened their Adeptas' very existence.
Esto era desafortunado, ya que le Oficio Assassinorum había estado trabajando en secreto junto a los Magos Biologis y Genetores del Adeptus Mechanicus bajo ordel de Malcador El Sigilita, Regente de Terra y fundador del Officio como el Gran Maestre de Asesinos, para ver si era posible utilizar las extrañas habilidades de las Nulidades para matar psíquicos. Su trabajo estaba por ser terminado; se habían pasado muchos años desarrollando equipo y técnicas de entrenamiento especialistas, y todo estaba a punto de ser arruinado por una fanática y política cacería de brujas.
This was unfortunate, for the Officio Assassinorum had been working in secret with the Magos Biologis and Genetors of the Adeptus Mechanicus on the order of Malcador the Sigillite, the Regent of Terra and the founder of the Officio as the first Grand Master of Assassins, to see if it was possible to harness the Blanks' strange abilities and use them to kill psykers. Their work was almost complete; many years had been spent developing specialist wargear and training techniques, all of which was about to be ruined by a zealous political witch-hunt.
Felizmente, el Emperador nunca tuvo que emitir tal decreto oficial ya que a solicitud de Malcador el Sigilita, el Adeptus Mechanicus anuncio que estaban dando por terminado el Proyecto Paria, haciendo un gran demostración de cerrar sus laboratorios y ejecutando muchos de sus "especímenes" que habían sido probados allí. Satisfechos con que ninguna acción mas era necesaria, los burócratas del Consejo de Terra dirigieron su atención a otros temas.
Fortunately, the Emperor never had to issue an official decree, for at Malcador the Sigillite's behest, the Adeptus Mechanicus announced that it was ending the Pariah Project, making a great show of closing down its laboratories and executing many of the "specimens" it had tested there. Satisfied that no further action was needed, the bureaucrats of the Council of Terra turned its attention to the more important matters at hand.
Sin embargo, un estudio mas minucioso de los fragmentados registros Imperiales de ese tiempo muestran que el numero de ejecuciones no es igual al numero de Parias contenidos en los laboratorios del Mechanicus. Trabajando junto al Oficio Assassinorum, el Adeptus Mechanicus envió en secreto a sus parias mas prometedores a una fortaleza especialmente construida y escondida en Terra, mas allá del alcance o conocimiento de las ramas mas fanáticas de lo que eventualmente se conocería como Adeptus Terra después de la Herejía de Horus. Fue ahí donde el Templo Culexos, originalmente conocido como Agrupacion (??) Culexus, nacio en su forma moderna bajo la dirección de su primer Director Primus, el individuo conocido solo como Sire Culexus. Culexus había hecho un juramento a Malcador, junto a otros cinco Director Primus del recien nacido Oficio Assessinorum de derrotar a cada enemigo del Emperador sin importar donde estén o como busquen esconderse de la justicia Imperial. Las blanquedades (??) de la Agrupación Culexus serian un componente importante en mantener ese juramento.
However, closer study of the fragmentary Imperial records from this time reveal that the number of executions did not match the number of Pariahs contained within the laboratories of the Mechanicus. Working in collusion with the Officio Assassinorum, the Adeptus Mechanicus spirited away the most promising Pariahs to a specially constructed fortress hidden on Terra, beyond the reach or knowledge of the more zealous branches of what eventually became the Adeptus Terra after the Horus Heresy. It was there that the Culexus Temple, originally known as the Culexus Clade, was born in its modern form under the direction of its first Director Primus, the individual known only as Sire Culexus. Culexus had sworn an oath alongside Malcador and the five other Directors Primus of the newborn Officio Assassinorum to defeat every enemy of the Emperor no matter where or how they sought to hide from Imperial justice. The Blanks of the Culexus Clade would become an important component of keeping that vow.
Blanks, also called "Untouchables", are those humans who possess the Pariah Gene in its recessive form in their genetic code. A Blank is often not aware of his powers and may not be able to control them even if he is, but the aura of negative psychic space he projects is highly disruptive to psychic powers. A psyker will find it difficult to impossible to affect the Blank and anyone in his general vicinity with his powers. Blanks have a better chance than true Pariahs to live a peaceful life, for since their aura of "otherness" is weak, baseline humans may simply pass it off as queerness and leave the Blank alone. Blanks are often recruited as Acolytes to serve as living shields against psychic attacks by Inquisitors and are forced to tag along wherever the Inquisitor goes. Generous or pragmatic Inquistors might even provide their Blank with combat training and some equipment to augment their living shield's survivability.
Pariahs, also known as "Blacksouls", "Psychic Nulls" or the "Soulless", are mutants in whom the Pariah Gene is dominant. The have no presence whatsoever in the Warp and thus no "soul." Their aura of "otherness" is so powerful that a baseline human finds it impossible to be in the Pariah's presence; and they are a living embodiment of the worst possible nightmare for any psychically gifted being. Unlike Blanks, Pariahs can siphon off and thrive on the psychic energy of Psykers, and their aura quickly proves fatal to them. Pariahs are quite often killed at birth as mutants, for their "otherness" is very palpable. Surprisingly, Pariahs have always been much sought after by the Imperium, first organised in the all-female Sisters of Silence order, and now trained to become the much feared Culexus Assassins.
Parias y nulidades famosos
- Ferik Jurgen - Jurgen was an Imperial Guardsman originally of the 597th Valhallan Guard Regiment, who served as aide, driver and adjutant to Commissar Ciaphas Cain. Jurgen saved the life of his Commissar on more than one occasion thanks to his ability to dampen psychic powers.
- Templo Culexus - All Culexus Assassins are fully-fledged Pariahs, trained and
equipped to the highest Imperial standard to become the bane of psykers across the galaxy.
- Parias (Trasfondo Antiguo) - The Necrons harvest Pariahs and transform them into these abominations to protect themselves from psychic activities.
- "Lanza", el Paria Negro - Within Imperial history, there has only been one known so-called "Black Pariah" to have ever existed. He was a former Imperial Assassin by the code-name of "Spear," who lived during the time of the Horus Heresy. Born as a human Untouchable, he was captured by the Silent Sisterhood and brought to Terra, where Clade Culexus experimented upon and augmented him in an attempt to create a more powerful and deadly form of Culexus Assassin. It is not known whether these augmentations or his unnatural abilities made him a Black Pariah. Spear was eventually deemed too unstable and dangerous by his clade's masters to be left alive. He was placed in the care of the Sisters of Silence and was sent aboard one of their lone vessels, bound for the heart of a nearby sun. Unfortunately, this vessel was intercepted by a Renegade vessel carrying the Dark Apostle Erebus of the traitorous Word Bearers Legion. Boarding the Sisters' vessel, the Word Bearers killed all aboard, with the exception of Spear. Sensing the usefulness of such a unique specimen, Erebus found a new purpose for his captive. He forced Spear to undergo a painful and vile Chaotic ritual, in which a minor daemon from the Immaterium was bonded with the former assassin. This bonding created a highly dangerous apex predator -- a "counter-psyker" -- capable of redirecting a psyker's attack directly back upon them. In order to utilise this ability, the Black Pariah first had to obtain a sample of his target's blood. This was a necessary component that helped him synchronise with his target's psionic abilities in order to reflect their attacks. Two standard years later, following the events of the Drop Site Massacre on Istvaan V, Erebus tasked his deadly minion to assassinate the Emperor. Spear spent an inordinate amount of time in order to painstakingly reach his ultimate goal -- a document that possessed a minute drop of the Emperor of Mankind's precious blood. Spear obtained the document on the world of Dagonet, bringing him into direct conflict with an Imperial Execution Force composed of Imperial Assassins from every clade, who were attempting to assassinate the Traitor Primarch Horus. Though the mission was ultimately deemed a failure, resulting in the death of all its members, this confrontation resulted in the Black Pariah's destruction. Horus later chastised Erebus for his audacious plan to assassinate the Emperor, declaring that when the opportune moment finally dawned, it would be him -- and him alone -- who killed the Master of Mankind.
- La Rueca - The Distaff was a group of Blanks created and utilised to hunt rogue psykers by the notorious Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn in the 41st Millennium and also seconded by him to other Inquisitors for particular investigations. The leader of this unique group of Untouchables was Alizabeth Bequin. The Distaff proved instrumental in the defeat of the Traitor Inquisitor Quixos, a formally venerated Radical Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus who became tainted by Chaos. The Distaff was finally destroyed in 386.M41.
Extraído y traducido de Wikihammer 40K UK.
- Codex: Asesinos (Ediciones 2ª y 3ª).
- Codex: Caballeros Grises (5ª Edición).
- Codex: Necrones (3ª Edición).
- Visiones de la Herejía (Libro de Trasfondo).
- Inquisitor Annual Exterminatus Part II.
- La Huida de la Eisenstein, por James Swallow.
- Los Mil Hijos, por Graham McNeill.
- Némesis, por James Swallow.
- Prospero en Llamas, por Dan Abnett.
- Cuentos de la Herejía (Antología).
- Trilogía de Eisenhorn, por Dan Abnett.
- Trilogía de Ravenor, por Dan Abnett.
- Por el Emperador, por Sandy Mitchell.
- Cavernas de Hielo , por Sandy Mitchell.
- La Mano del Traidor, por Sandy Mitchell.
- Death or Glory, por Sandy Mitchell.
- Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium, por Sandy Mitchell.